Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
OcCre London L.C.C. 106 Options
roymattblack
#21 Posted : 12 September 2022 11:31:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

It's looking really impressive.
I've been tempted by one of their Lisbon tram kits. I might just give it a go after seeing your build.

Roy
GilShapley
#22 Posted : 04 October 2022 14:21:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Not posted for a while. This build has slowed due to School Holidays followed by the “urgent need for some redecoration” (According to the Boss)
Since my last post:-
Prepared the end panels using a simple homemade jig. Soaked and carefully shaped. Left overnight
Installed both end panels, added the brass edging using brass rods from my stash. I found the brass supplied with the kit too soft and it seemed to lose its shape easily.
Added the bumpers
Constructed the suspension from the various parts (there are a lot)
Added the upper decking
Constructed the wheel base and screwed it into place
Have made a number of the components I will need soon as the build progresses
Have already added some of these to the model.
There are a lot of components to this model. I seem to spend a lot of time waiting for glue or paint to dry. That’s one of the reasons why I have constructed some parts in anticipation of their install.
So far so good,
Hand rails to fit on the stairs. Upper deck screen and the 17 benches to construct, plus various notices to attach.

Pictures of work completed since my last post attached
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
Lon21.jpg
Lon22.jpg
Lon23.jpg
Lon24.jpg
Lon25.jpg
Lon26.jpg
Lon27.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
birdaj2
#23 Posted : 04 October 2022 17:08:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nicely done.

They are not the easiest of kits to work on but yours is looking perfect.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
GilShapley
#24 Posted : 16 November 2022 11:15:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Been a while since I have posted on this build.

Needed to get some replacement items from OcCre. Must give then 10/10 for customer service, fill in a form online telling them what you need and in due course the items arrive from Spain with no cost to the modeller
Whilst waiting for the parts I went off script in so far as I built some parts out of sequence and set them aside till they where needed. The parts I needed have now arrived so I can go back and follow the correct build sequence.
The only criticism I have is on more than one occasion the pictures do not match the parts. Only small differences. I think at some time the kit has been updated but the pictures have not.
There are 18 benches on the top deck, each one consists of 7 parts. That’s 126 parts in all. They have yet to be glued in situ.
Onward and upward
Some pictures attached
Lon28.jpg
Lon29.jpg
Lon31.jpg
Lon32.jpg
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
roymattblack
#25 Posted : 16 November 2022 11:48:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Looking really impressive here. Those benches must have driven you potty.
I still keep thinking one of these Occre kits will have to hit my bench someday.BigGrin
kpnuts
#26 Posted : 16 November 2022 22:53:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

As roy said looking very impressive
Ken's the name modeling's the game.
goddo
#27 Posted : 17 November 2022 19:22:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

As roymattblack say, those benches must have driven you mad.
But they are looking extremely good now and all worth the effort.
A very nice example and your model is making me more and more interested in getting one as a diversion from my Victory kit.
GilShapley
#28 Posted : 20 November 2022 19:33:05

Progress report on my build
Steps added to the end platforms plus controls and support bars
2X2mm edging added to the top deck. This needs to be shaped from the 2X2mm strip wood supplied. I made a former from part of the fret which a previous component was removed. Soaked the 2X2 overnight, bent it carefully around the former and clamped it up overnight. Once dry I painted them the required black (I would recommend painting before attaching to the model).
Next the 24 stanchions where attached (again painted prior to attaching) and the two signs, one at each end.
Next comes adding the rails to the stanchions. I used brass rods from my stash. I find it easier than trying to straighten the provided brass wire.
Pictures attached
Lon34.jpg
Lon36.jpg
Lon37.jpg
Lon39.jpg
Lon40.jpg
Lon41.jpg
goddo
#29 Posted : 21 November 2022 13:12:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Most impressive. Agree about the brass rod rather than the coiled wire they supply. Looks so much neater.
Well done sir.
Chris
RM1
#30 Posted : 23 November 2022 15:01:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Some lovely work there. The Brass rod makes a heck of a difference.
Malc.
roymattblack
#31 Posted : 23 November 2022 15:43:47

Looking very good there.
Loving those hand rails!
I wouldn't mind one of those scuttling around my garden railway.Love
andali15
#32 Posted : 23 November 2022 22:39:08

Watching your progress with great interest. A credit to your skills. Andy.
GilShapley
#33 Posted : 06 December 2022 15:24:32

An update on this build. My next step was to add the upper deck exterior sides to the stanchions. These four pieces had to be bent to the correct shape. A good overnight soak and then pegged out did the trick. I gave some thought as to how best to hold them in position whilst the glue dried. In the end I decided to use some clamps which are basically elongated pegs. Found them on Cornwall Model’s website. Just the job. I added some temporary cross beams to add support to the stanchions as I did not want to cause any damage to them. Added the four exterior sides one at a time.

That leaves:-

The upper deck netting
Some decorations to the side and end panels
Various signs
The benches will be added last.
Pictures attached
Lon43.jpg
Lon44.jpg
Lon45.jpg
Lon46.jpg
Lon47.jpg
birdaj2
#34 Posted : 06 December 2022 19:33:48

That all looks so nicely made.

Do you have one of the occre bases to sit this on when its finished?

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
GilShapley
#35 Posted : 07 December 2022 09:12:46

Have one of the display bases on order. Should set off the model nicely

Gil
roymattblack
#36 Posted : 07 December 2022 10:07:47

Another great update.
Those clamps look good. I might just have to invest in some of those. BigGrin
goddo
#37 Posted : 07 December 2022 19:49:22

I have to agree, those pegs are brilliant. Really handy pieces of kit.
The only thing to beware of is the laser ash if you are using them on untreated wood.
I spent a minute or two just lightly sanding the ash off to get back to bare wood.
You are doing a grand job with this model, Gil
RM1
#38 Posted : 13 December 2022 07:31:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A really excellent build. Looks great.
Malc.
GilShapley
#39 Posted : 13 December 2022 13:24:19

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Taking a small break now for the Christmas period (Grandchildren to look after)

Back in the New Year

Gil

GilShapley
#40 Posted : 27 December 2022 13:47:26

It was suggested that I might purchase an OcCre base to sit this model on when finished. I thought it a good idea so ordered one from Cornwall Models. I thought this would be a ready-made stand WRONG. So another project to complete.
Seems straight forward enough!
1) Construct the wooden base
2) Cut out the template for the tiles and glue this to the base. Working on the basis that if it can go wrong it will, I took the precaution of taking a copy of the template.
3) Glue the rails to the template making sure that the gap between the rails matches the wheels on your model
4) Now comes the fiddly bit. Gluing the individual tiles onto the template. There are 400+ tiles!!!
5) These tiles are made of clay and need careful handling. Cutting where necessary took a bit of practice. In the end I used a similar principal to cutting tiles I used when DIYing tiling around the house, that is scribe a line on the piece to be cut and snap the tile along the line. Bearing in mind how fragile the tiles are I was happy with my success rate. (Got quite good towards the end) The trick is not to be afraid and just go for it. Where only a small amount needed to be removed I used sandpaper
6) Now just have to seal the tiles and fill in the gaps with the “grout” provided.

B3.jpg
B2.jpg
B4.jpg
B6.jpg
B7.jpg
B8.jpg