Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages «<5678>
Tombstone Arizona. Options
Silent_Running
#121 Posted : 31 August 2022 12:16:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

Hi Trev,
First class work, this is a joy to follow. I can’t wait to see what the whole diorama looks like. Well done 👍
Regards
Glenn BigGrin
Kev the Modeller
#122 Posted : 31 August 2022 21:13:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Absolutely blooming fantastic work there Trev and even more impressive given that this is all completely scratchbuilt! WOW!! Drool ThumpUp

That church scene looks absolutely spot on to me and the sort of thing you'd see in any Western movie?! Top notch work as always Trev, keep it coming and I eagerly await each of your updates as and when you can find the time.

All the best,

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
tf64
#123 Posted : 02 September 2022 12:42:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi
Derek thanks for looking, I have built a few small tents to post, this is where the silver miners slept out of town.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#124 Posted : 02 September 2022 12:53:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Glenn,

Thank you for looking in on the Tombstone build, far from finished yet, still waiting for de-ag to settle down before I pursue another build.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Silent_Running
#125 Posted : 02 September 2022 13:08:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Forum Support Team

tf64 wrote:

Glenn,

Thank you for looking in on the Tombstone build, far from finished yet, still waiting for de-ag to settle down before I pursue another build.

Regards

Trev

Hi Trev,
You’re very welcome, I’m always happy to acknowledge superb work. You have excellent scratch build skills!
Kind regards
Glenn BigGrin
tf64
#126 Posted : 02 September 2022 13:11:14

Hi Kev,

Thank you for your valued comments, I will be posting pictures of a group of tents that are made from cocktail sticks and cloth, some will show how the tents were constructed,one has a first floor for storage, that's how it was in 1880.

Regards

Trev

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#127 Posted : 04 September 2022 20:26:24

Hi,

Started to build a few Tents these are made from cloth and cocktail sticks, to make the tents I had to make a small jig to hold them in place till set, in the picture you can see mine workers, these figures will have to be hand-painted.

Tents were commonplace out west with mine workers and people moving around trying to settle down until they found somewhere to live, also tents were used by the miners for gambling for some it was there last night.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#128 Posted : 13 January 2023 11:53:14

(Apologies for not posting)

Hi all,

WELLS.FARGO BUILDING.

Started to build the Wells Fargo office for my Tombstone town, this will be made from Coffee sticks plyboard, Oak, and plastic for the windows, the entrance has a ticket desk on the Left and invoicing on the right. There will be a waiting area upstairs with small seats and windows. Also, the ground floor at the rear has a small workshop for stagecoach repairs.

The picture below shows the main framework this is made from spare Oak I had from another build:

There will be more soon.

Thank you for looking in.

Regards

Trev.

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

delboy271155
#129 Posted : 13 January 2023 15:52:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Trev, BigGrin

Good to see that "Tombstone" is still expanding.

Looking forward to future updates. ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tf64
#130 Posted : 16 January 2023 22:56:27

Hi Derek,

Thanks for looking in and a big thanks to you and the Forum team for all your advice as this is a big part that keeps it all going.

Well done

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#131 Posted : 30 January 2023 12:03:39

Hi all,

Bit more progress to show, the back wall is now placed and behind will be a small workshop to carry out wheel repairs etc, also office furniture at the front and window frames are now fitted.

The roof is now partly built but will be removable until the build is finished.

More soon.

regards

Trev.

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

delboy271155
#132 Posted : 02 February 2023 18:20:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Trev, BigGrin

Yet another excellent update on a fascinating build. Cool Cool

With so many buildings in this diorama, I wonder to myself as to how large the base size will be. Will you need an extra large shed to house it. If it does and you have it sorted then crack on, cos I`m loving this scratch building master class.

ThumpUp Woot ThumpUp Woot ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

tf64
#133 Posted : 23 February 2023 13:12:09

Thanks to Derek for post 132.

WELLS FARGO BUILD.

Hi all,

Small update as pictures will show I have built a stairway to the top of the building, this will be a waiting room with chairs.

The stairs were made from long BBQ matches by cutting off the live head and using the rest for modelling, the hand rails I made from brass rod I found in my solder box and then finished with American Walnut.

Thanks for looking in

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

delboy271155
#134 Posted : 27 February 2023 18:31:07

More amazing scratch building Trev. WTG

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#135 Posted : 01 March 2023 09:01:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking good Trev, this town is definitely going to be big enough for both of us.Love Love
Kev the Modeller
#136 Posted : 03 March 2023 20:56:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

This is a fantastic idea of yours Trev, I think it is going to be quite something to behold when complete? Don't forget to include the gunfight at the OK Corral in your diorama!

Looking good so far mate - very well done Trev. Cool Cool

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
tf64
#137 Posted : 15 March 2023 09:40:41

Hi Derek,

Thanks for looking in and for your comments, more soon.

Regards

Trev
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#138 Posted : 15 March 2023 09:46:52

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking at the build,will be posting again soon.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

tf64
#139 Posted : 15 March 2023 09:59:21

Hi Kev,

Good to hear from you and thank you for posting back to me, I have moved on a bit more with the build I have built small table,shelves,and draws to fit, a small wheel on a stand and a block and tackle for lifting, will be posting soon again.

Just wondering if you are still building.

Regards

Trev

Work in progress:

Started San Francisco 2

Kev the Modeller
#140 Posted : 18 March 2023 21:17:55

Hello Trev.

Always happy to make comment on a worthy build and I have to say that this is one of my favourite builds in all of the time that I have been on this forum. It's always interesting and also very innovative in the way that you build each piece from simple 'throw away' materials. I also love anything to do with 'The Wild West'! I can't wait to see the whole town finished and certainly looking forward to your next instalment with bated breath!!

In answer to your question Trev, yes, I am still building. Took a break and went fishing for a while, but back at the workbench now and enjoying it as much as I used to, so will likely post some updates on my older builds on here at some point and also some new ones maybe, a couple of which you might find interesting with a 'Wild West' link? Also joined my local 'Scale Model Club' with fortnightly meetings, where it's great to be among fellow modellers and which helps immensely in bringing my 'mojo' back - with a vengeance!

All the best Trev, keep building and updating. Cool ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra