Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ironman Official Build Issues 4 - 6 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 16 January 2023 18:45:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

A warm welcome to the next stages of the Iron Man build, even if the weather is "not so warm" or dry come to that.Laugh

This series of posts will cover issues 4 to 6:

In issue 4 we will build the ARC reactor that fits in the chest panel of Iron Man`s armour and as there are not so many stages in this issue I`ll post it in one go.

Issues 5 and 6 will build the elbow joint for his right arm.

So, lets get on with Issue 4.

The parts supplied with this issue are shown in (Pic 1)

The front face of the reactor consists of two parts, the metal outer ring and the plastic inner. Position the inner ring inside the outer and locate it in place by pressing it carefully onto the two locating pins as shown in (Pic 2)

Now with the outer ring still facing downwards, place the reactor cover in place and secure it with two AM screws. (Pic 3) Noting that this piece will only fit one way round.

For the next part of this issue get the Reactor Housing with the LED inside and the LED support together. Then carefully pull the LED outside the housing. (Pic 4) Now being very careful with the wires and the circuit board, press the LED into the support, making sure it is pushed in place from the correct side as shown. (Pic 5)

With the LED in its support, carefully feed the circuit board and associated wires into the housing and position the LED support as shown (Pic 6) and then position the screen on top of the LED support. (Pic 7)

To continue, retrieve the Reactor Crown (made earlier in this issue) and place it in position onto the Reactor Housing, then whilst holding the parts together turn the assembly over and fix it all together using two AM screws. (Pic 8)

You should have one remaining CR1025 battery from the first pack of parts, so fit that into the battery holder with the correct polarity. (Pic 9)

Finally position the battery cover in place, making sure that the switch is central in the hole in the cover and secure it with a BP screw. (Pic 10)

The Reactor can now be tested by pressing the switch. Shown "OFF" in (Pic !!) and "ON" in (Pic 12) As this switch locks in the "ON" position, remember to to switch it "OFF"

So coming next will be issues 5 and 6, where the right elbow joint will be constructed. I will post these at the same time as issue 5 leaves parts loosely in place ready for issue 6.

See you soon. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 22 April 2023 13:04:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

Time to get back to Iron Man, now that future parts supplies are sorted. Blink

Issue 5 and 6 are where we build the right arm elbow joint and my advice (even though neither stage is that long) is that you do both stages at the same time. Reason being that at the end of stage 5 you will be left with a part completed item that can lose loose parts if not stored carefully.Crying

So, the parts supplied in Issue 5 are shown in Pic 1.

Construction starts by placing the two washers onto the posts inside the right elbow cover. Pic 2.

Follow on by positioning the upper right arm joint in the orientation shown in Pic 3. Then the lower right arm joint as seen in Pic 4.

That as they say "is that" for Issue 5 and as stated above the elbow joint continues in Issue 6.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 22 April 2023 15:59:00

Hello Again, BigGrin

Two posts in a day, not bad Eh!!

Whilst waiting for parts delivery, I have been making progress on my 1:1 scale 27foot cruiser. Had a step backwards with a safety inspection failure, but now on the front foot putting it right. Don`t matter what you do for fun, it always costs a darn fortune. Hey Ho. LOL

Anyway, back to the second part of the Iron Man right elbow joint.

So, this is issue 6 of the build, which is a follow-on from Issue 5, as it is a continuation as the same part of the build.

Starting with the parts supplied for Issue 6, Pic 1.

Now, assuming you are carrying on from Issue 5, bring back the issue 5 parts to your work bench and add the right arm elbow connector. Pic 2.

Next, add the two washers to the right arm joint cover (supplied with this issue) placing them on the interior posts. Pic 3.

Now, a little tricky bit is to bring the two halves of the elbow joint together.
I found that if I held both parts flat with their outer surfaces facing down toward the work bench, then I brought them up to meet each other so that the arms and washers didn`t fall out, seemed to work for me. Pic 4.

The final stage of this construction is to fix the two halves of the elbow joint together using two GP screws. (supplied with this issue) See Pic 5. Check that the joint arms move with some resistance so you can pose your Iron Man without him flopping about.LOL

That completes Issue 6, but having very recently received issues 7 - 10 I will be back soon with further updates.

WATCH THIS SPACE. Woot Woot

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg