Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Sometimes you take a chance - this is mine Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 17 January 2023 18:49:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Well some times you take the "Bull by the horns" and go with what you have. Blink

This is my mystery hit at the "Millennium Falcon" an Ebay special/or not, we will see in time.

This is supposedly a complete kit (mostly built) that needed some loving attention.

If all I can do, is get at the least a half decent display model for £206 then I think its worth the effort. If not then it will be fun trying. LOL LOL

I have attached a few pics:

1: The main body

2: Couple of panels removed

3: A box of bits with lots of parts at the bottom that you can`t see

Also have all the mags to get me going, I hope. Blink

May have to purchase a few parts, but will get it as near as possible to a working model. (Minimum a decent display piece).

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#2 Posted : 17 January 2023 19:15:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I reckon you got a bargain there.
I've no doubt you'll build a stunner from it.Love
delboy271155
#3 Posted : 17 January 2023 19:34:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

roymattblack wrote:
I reckon you got a bargain there.
I've no doubt you'll build a stunner from it.Love

Thanks Roy, BigGrin

From someone who drags model cars from the point of no return, I`ll take that as a compliment. Just hope I can make at least a "decent purse from a sows ear".

Time will tell. Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

andali15
#4 Posted : 17 January 2023 21:11:53

Groups: Registered

Hi Derek, you’ll have fun with this one, it’s big. Good luck. Andy.
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 17 January 2023 22:12:18

andali15 wrote:
Hi Derek, you’ll have fun with this one, it’s big. Good luck. Andy.

Thanks Andy, BigGrin

My car is far from small and having collected it, I could see it on the rear seat via the rear view mirror. I`m sure it will be fun, just got to see how far back in the build I`ll have to go before I start going forward.LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#6 Posted : 18 January 2023 09:52:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice find Derek, and what a bargain.BigGrin BigGrin Love

Mark

delboy271155
#7 Posted : 20 January 2023 18:51:45

Markwarren wrote:
Very nice find Derek, and what a bargain.BigGrin BigGrin Love

Mark

Hi Mark, BigGrin

I`ve organised the mag`s into some "unofficial binders" so they can be easily accessible when needed. Blink

Now "ALL" I have to do is start from issue 1, work forward and see what needs attention.

It could be a longer job than starting a build from scratch.Crying

Hey Ho, as a retired old (fill in this space yourself) I`ll get into it and see what happens. LOL Flapper LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

S4Simon
#8 Posted : 21 January 2023 02:39:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great purchase Derek. The Millennium Falcon was by far the most enjoyable build and paint project I have accomplished in my 50+ years of modelling. It's a mammoth task but the rewards at the end are well worth it. I spent many months looking at other people's versions plus the original model to figure out what sort of finished paint scheme I was after - It's a personal choice in the end. Enjoy. :-)

BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 21 January 2023 17:19:12

Hi Simon, BigGrin

Not sure I could replicate that standard of paint job, but I`ll be happy with a standard working model if I get round any issues I come across. Blink Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

goddo
#10 Posted : 23 January 2023 08:41:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Derek,

I very much admire your skills and determination in taking on this project.
Well done sir.

Chris
delboy271155
#11 Posted : 23 January 2023 17:59:18

goddo wrote:
Hi Derek,

Well done sir.

Chris

Hi Chris, BigGrin

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. Cool

First hurdle over as I`ve sorted all the mags into folders (just basic ones) so I can get back to the start and then work forward.

Time will tell. Blink Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

RM1
#12 Posted : 24 January 2023 10:38:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

That's a big job you've got for yourself !! I'm sure you'll make a great job of it. BigGrin
Malc.
goddo
#13 Posted : 24 January 2023 10:57:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

delboy271155 wrote:
goddo wrote:
Hi Derek,

Well done sir.

Chris

Hi Chris, BigGrin

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. Cool

First hurdle over as I`ve sorted all the mags into folders (just basic ones) so I can get back to the start and then work forward.

Time will tell. Blink Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

I shall be watching all stages with interest.
Chris
[/size][/size]
delboy271155
#14 Posted : 24 January 2023 17:12:08

RM1 wrote:
That's a big job you've got for yourself !! I'm sure you'll make a great job of it. BigGrin
Malc.

Hi Malc, Chris and all looking in, BigGrin

Thinks its going to take longer to work out what I`ve got / possibly missing than the eventual construction. Crying

I`ve done the next surveying stage today:

In the box of bits (which are numerous, considering rest of what`s built) I have found part used / complete frets numbering 25 in total. Good thing is that the frets (all but one) are issue numbered. Bad news is that they come from 18 different issues. The one not numbered I found out by chance comes from issue 19.
That`s not the earliest as I have a fret with one part on from issue 7, the rest are between 38 and 99. Looking at the type of parts that they are it looks as if most parts on the frets are external additions in the final stages. (Fingers crossed). Blink

I was told during purchase that there had been an issue with the working ramp and the ramp motor from issue 39 is no longer in the build, but I have it, so this could be a larger one of the issues I may face but we`ll see when I`ve checked that far through the build.

Hope to be able to give a better update soon, as I`m now looking to start from issue 1 in depth and check everything that has been done, or not. If its not done then I will make a list of parts not used so that hopefully I`ll come across that later on when it was required.

Think I need a big bucket of hope. LOL LOL LOL

Until next update, Take Care One and All. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#15 Posted : 21 November 2023 22:41:29

Hi All,Blushing Blushing

Well its been a time from the original post, but while I have nothing better to do LOL LOL LOL I`m going to make a start on this beast of a mess of bits.

Its going to be a long "intermittent" job, but I`ll update when its worth it.

I think that the first job is to dismantle the parts assembled. Shouldn`t be that hard as most parts separate when I pick them up. Crying Crying

Hey Ho, we`ll see.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin