Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Mantua Scorpion Catapult Options
GilShapley
#1 Posted : 23 February 2023 15:27:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

This was my standby build whilst I was waiting for paint/glue to dry on the Tram. (Also when I felt the need to stand back and think about the next step)
Although a small build by comparison to some of my others it still had its challenges, but hey there’s no fun when it all goes too easily.

The instructions consist of pictures with a list of the parts to be assembled at that particular stage. Careful attention is needed to the pictures. I found some difficult to read because of the angle the picture was taken. One of them seems to contradict what has gone before. Fortunately this did not affect my build. Had to replace some of the brass components on the winch as the rods provided where too thick and did not fit. Drilling out the winch was not an option.
Still I am happy with the final result

Pictures attached
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
Scorp1.jpg
Scorp2.jpg
Scorp3.jpg
Scorp4.jpg
Scorp5.jpg
Scorp6.jpg
Scorp7.jpg
Scorp8.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
GilShapley
#2 Posted : 23 February 2023 15:33:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

More Pictures
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
Scorp9.jpg
Scorp10.jpg
Scorp11.jpg
Scorp12.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
admin
#3 Posted : 24 February 2023 07:01:37

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Now that’s a bit different! Good, clean build!

Best,

Mark
tf64
#4 Posted : 24 February 2023 08:36:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Gil,

That's really a beautiful model of a 16th-century double crossbow Gill I love these small builds well done and well built.

Regards

Trev

Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

delboy271155
#5 Posted : 27 February 2023 18:35:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Well done Gil,

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

These small kits are a work of art in themselves and you have made this one "POP".

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"