Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Create and Decorate your Moominhouse Pack 3 Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 08 March 2023 19:52:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Issue 5

Contents

Section of the ground Floor, Tiles for the Roof, Ridge Tile, Stove Canopy, Stove Rear Wall, Stove Flue, Tube of Burnt Umber paint for the flooring and 2 Metal Supports. You will also need the section of the ground flooring that came in issue 4.

Take the flooring that came with this pack and the tube of burnt umber paint. Mix a small amount of paint with water, I used approximately 1 part paint to 8 parts water, and mix well. Using the brush supplied or any soft flat brush, paint the flooring, brushing the floor in the same direction and the floorboards. Do not go over where you have painted and use the amount of paint on the brush sparingly. Once done, I patted the area I had painted with a paper towel and left to dry for around 10 minutes.
Note: I gave it a second light coat and after allowing that to dry for 10 minutes, I painted individual floorboards again giving it a natural planking effect as shown. Careful, as less is more in this case.

Now take the flooring supplied in Pack 4 and repeat the process. I found I had a good bit of mixed paint left, so I kept it in a small glass container for next time.

I have also varnished my flooring after leaving it for a couple of days to dry. Once dry, glue the two sections of flooring together.

Take the porch assembly you have made along with the 2 metal supports provided in this pack. Starting from the bottom of the porch, slide one of the supports through the two holes of the base and into the hole on the underside of the roof. Use a little super glue in the top to hold it in place. Repeat with the other support.

Now onto the tiling of the roof. The roof tiles that came in this pack are numbered 1 – 12. Starting with number 1, carefully extract the tiles away from the card using a craft knife. You will also note the lines on the roof area of the porch. Using these as guidelines, glue the first part, number 1, to the right-hand side of the porch, using wood or PVA glue. Paint the glue on the inside of the tile and the area on the roof you are applying it too. Repeat this process with the remaining tiles, using the guidelines on the porch roof and repeat again with the left half of the roof, starting with tile number 7.
Once the tiles have had enough time to dry, take the plastic ridge tile, supplied in the pack and super glue it in place as shown.

Take the stove canopy and the rear wall of the stove and fit together as shown. Attach the flue so it doesn’t get lost, but this part will need to be removed at a later date.

That completes this issue.

Markwarren attached the following image(s):
5 (1).jpg
5 (2).jpg
5 (3).jpg
5 (3a).jpg
5 (4).jpg
5 (5).jpg
5 (6).jpg
5 (7).jpg
5 (8).jpg
5 (9).jpg
5 (10).jpg
5 (11).jpg
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 11 March 2023 18:46:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Issue 6

Contents
Partition Struts (3xA, 2xB, 2xE, M & D, Stove Legs and Stove Base.

Framework
The Parts A abs B have longer tabs on the bottom than the top. Join 2 parts A to part E as shown making sure you glue the longer tabs at the bottom. Now attach the third part A along with parts E to the top and bottom and part M in the middle. Next glue part D to part E as shown. I would allow this to dry first before applying part B. I used a small clamp to hold this in place.
Note: Do not push part D in endways, you must slide it in from above.
On the assembled frame, a horizontal tab sticks out on the right hand side. Turn the frame over and apply wood glue to the facing side of part A and affix the wood strip as shown, making sure it follows the line of the tab.

Stove
Next, detach the 4 stove legs from the sprue and sand the connecting ends with sandpaper.

Now attach the legs to the underside of the stove base. Make sure you have the base the correct way round, the middle slot should be nearer the left had side with the stot facing the front.

6 (1).jpg
6 (3).jpg
6 (4).jpg
6 (5).jpg
6 (6).jpg
6 (7).jpg
6 (8).jpg
6 (9).jpg
6 (10).jpg
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 12 March 2023 11:07:50

Issue 7

Contents
Partition Struts (2xA, 1xB, 1xC, 1xL, 1xF, 1xG, 5 Stove Panels and Stool Parts.

Framework
The Parts A and B have longer tabs on the bottom than the top. Join 2 parts A and Part B to part C as shown making sure you glue the longer tabs at the bottom and that the notches face inside. Now attach the part L in the middle applying glue to the notches. I would recommend clamping these newly glued parts and setting to dry before proceeding with the next step.

Take part F and glue it into part B as far as it will go and clamp in place as shown. Now attach the frame assembly in the last issue and glue part F into the frame assembly as shown. Attach Part G across the top of the assembly aligning the tabs and holes. Use clamps and allow to dry.

Stove
Take the stove assemble in the last issue, insert part 11 and place into the slot at the back of the stove aligning the flue. Use a little superglue to the rear flue tab in the back of the assembly.

Note: Section 6 and 8 of the stove assembly have incorrect numbered parts. Section 6 is part 10, NOT part 9 and section 8 is part 9, NOT part 8.

Fasten part 10 with superglue to the right-hand side of the stove. Secure part 9 to the middle wall pushing the tab into the hole at the back of the stove and fix the shelf to the middle of the two parts pushing into the slots either side. Insert part 8 into the left-hand side of the stove.
Finally, take the base assembly, built in the last issue and attach the base to the assembly as shown.

Steps Assembly
The step assembly is very straight forward. Using a craft knife, detach the parts and assemble as shown using wood glue.

7 (1).jpg
7 (5).jpg
7 (6).jpg
7 (7).jpg
7 (8).jpg
7 (9).jpg
7 (10).jpg
7 (11).jpg
7 (12).jpg
7 (13).jpg
7 (14).jpg
7 (15).jpg
7 (16).jpg
7 (17).jpg
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 12 March 2023 11:56:21

Issue 8

Contents
Partition Struts (2xA, 2xB, 1xG, 1xM, 1xF, 1xE, 1xL, 1xC, 1xD and a Wooden Strip. Front Stove Panel and Stove rail. The Character figure Snorkmaiden.

Framework
Glue the short tab of part F into part E. Attach the right part of E into part B, noting which way the notches are as shown. Attach part B on the other side in the same way. Next, glue part G across the top as shown. Glue both A parts to either end, making sure the longer tabs are at the bottom and the notches are at the front. Glue parts D and C to the bottom tabs, followed by parts M and L in the centre notches as shown.
Finally, glue the strip of wood on the left side of the frame between the tabs following the contours of the tabs.
Note: Once dried, lightly sand this area to give a smooth finish to the frame.

Stove Assembly
Attach the stove rail to the front stove panel using super glue and press into place.

Note: I have weathered the stove to age it and make it more realistic. I used black oil paint, thinned down slightly, and applied it over the stove. I then allowed it to dry for 10 minutes before using some cotton wool to wipe off the excess. The last picture shows the aged look.

8 (1).jpg
8 (2).jpg
8 (3).jpg
8 (4).jpg
8 (5).jpg
8 (7).jpg
8 (8).jpg
8 (9).jpg
8 (9a).jpg
8 (10).jpg