Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Forgive me if this is in the wrong area Options
goddo
#1 Posted : 13 April 2023 12:49:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

As many will know I am slowly building the 1/84th scale model of HMS Victory.
I have just come across the fact that two of the tender boat packs have become squashed (by me or the cat) and damaged enough to require replacements, for which I am very happy to pay.
I contacted customer services and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing, I received this email today, see below.
Can somebody please give me some guidance on how to get my hands on replacement issues?

Apr 13, 2023, 13:41 GMT+2

Hello Chris,

thank you for your reply.

We are really sorry to inform you that unfortunately it is not possible for us to satisfy your request due to missing stock availability for the mentioned collection and Model Space being shut down for some time now.

Again, we apologize for any trouble caused and we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your time and for choosing us.

DeAgostini Customer Service
Tea
Customer Service Representative
goddo
#2 Posted : 13 April 2023 12:52:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

As an aside to the above, I have tried the usual suspects on sites like eBay but they don't have the required packs listed as available. If anyone can point me elsewhere to get them I would be very grateful.

Chris
delboy271155
#3 Posted : 13 April 2023 14:15:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
As an aside to the above, I have tried the usual suspects on sites like eBay but they don't have the required packs listed as available. If anyone can point me elsewhere to get them I would be very grateful.

Chris

Hi Chris, BigGrin

Don`t know which issues you need, but have you tried "partwork collectables" via the link below:

https://partworkscollect...b0df0292d/Products/DLNV

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

birdaj2
#4 Posted : 13 April 2023 19:14:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Chris

Hope this message finds you well.

If you can detail the parts you are looking for i may be able to help you for the cost of just the postage. I would post it out to you and confirm the postage cost later if that is ok.

I started victory when it first came out and made a right “bog of it”.

Re-subscribed a few years back to get me to the point of getting the full hull. Was still not happy with what i produced.

In December this year i was “forced into retirement” after 43 years so with time on my hands i purchased a FULL set of deagostini victory to try and have a third attempt at it.

Point of all this waffle is i have some spares available that if i am honest with myself will probably never be used.

So if you want to see if i have the parts you need please let me know and i will do my very best to help you.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
goddo
#5 Posted : 14 April 2023 14:20:13

delboy271155 wrote:
goddo wrote:

Chris

Hi Chris, BigGrin

Don`t know which issues you need, but have you tried "partwork collectables" via the link below:

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Delboy,
Just looked at their website and it seems like they have them in stock.
Good link to know about.
PS I would still like to know how I DO get back issues from the official website seeing as the kit is still advertised for sale.
Chris
goddo
#6 Posted : 14 April 2023 14:21:19

birdaj2 wrote:
Hi Chris

Hope this message finds you well.

If you can detail the parts you are looking for i may be able to help you for the cost of just the postage. I would post it out to you and confirm the postage cost later if that is ok.

I started victory when it first came out and made a right “bog of it”.

Re-subscribed a few years back to get me to the point of getting the full hull. Was still not happy with what i produced.

In December this year i was “forced into retirement” after 43 years so with time on my hands i purchased a FULL set of deagostini victory to try and have a third attempt at it.

Point of all this waffle is i have some spares available that if i am honest with myself will probably never be used.

So if you want to see if i have the parts you need please let me know and i will do my very best to help you.

Kind regards

Tony

Hi Tony,
Thank you for your kind offer.
I have just sent you a PM.
Chris
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 14 April 2023 16:16:07

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:
goddo wrote:

Chris

Hi Chris, BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Delboy,
Just looked at their website and it seems like they have them in stock.
Good link to know about.
PS I would still like to know how I DO get back issues from the official website seeing as the kit is still advertised for sale.
Chris

Hi Chris, BigGrin

Have sent you a PM.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

admin
#8 Posted : 14 April 2023 18:25:59

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi guys,

The problem is that ModelSpace was a separate (now defunct) company. DeAgostini.com was created to provide a limited selection of the kits formerly on offer via MS, but is a new, also separate company.

Chris, if you are unable to get the parts you need via Tony, shoot Derek a PM, and let him know what stages you need. I MIGHT be able to source them from the warehouse for you. This is a bit of a long shot however.

Best,

Mark
birdaj2
#9 Posted : 14 April 2023 18:39:41

Hi Chris

Just sent you a PM.

Will go search out the parts this evening and confirm.

Will advise the postage cost before i sent so you can confirm that is ok.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
birdaj2
#10 Posted : 15 April 2023 13:06:32

Hi Chris.

I have pulled out the parts you need this morning do if you want to PM me a delivery address i can get these boxed up and sent off.

Chances are it will be Tuesday or wednesday before i get to the post office but i will keep you updated.

Kind regards

Tony
File Attachment(s):
657FFFD1-CA64-4A09-ADD7-EAE6DC4B3BDD.jpeg (179kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
Happy Modelling

goddo
#11 Posted : 15 April 2023 13:23:44

Hi Tony,
Thank you very much for being so helpful.
I'll send you a PM with my address.
Thank you again. You are a star!!
Chris
birdaj2
#12 Posted : 15 April 2023 19:35:00

Chris

I know we have had PM conversation today but just for anyone else interested i can advise the parts Chris needs are parcelled up ready to go - being collected monday for delivery tuesday.

I have covered the postage as i used “parcel2go” (brilliant service) so much better value than going to the postoffice) put your parcel details in ie weight and size, collection or take to a drop-off point and they give you all the best deals from a multitude of providers.

If you have parcels to send (inland or international) its worth a look.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

delboy271155
#13 Posted : 16 April 2023 10:39:59

birdaj2 wrote:
Chris

I know we have had PM conversation today but just for anyone else interested i can advise the parts Chris needs are parcelled up ready to go - being collected monday for delivery tuesday.

I have covered the postage as i used “parcel2go” (brilliant service) so much better value than going to the postoffice) put your parcel details in ie weight and size, collection or take to a drop-off point and they give you all the best deals from a multitude of providers.

If you have parcels to send (inland or international) its worth a look.

Kind regards

Tony

That`s really good of you Tony and thanks for the parcel info.ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

birdaj2
#14 Posted : 17 April 2023 12:51:09

Just a quick update to advise DPD have just this moment collected the parcel from me so its on its way.

Looking at the tracking detail it is giving a planned delivery date of Wednesday this week.

Tony
Happy Modelling

goddo
#15 Posted : 18 April 2023 13:33:24

I just wanted to let you all know what a star Tony (birdaj2) is!!

True to his word a parcel arrived at midday with the promised HMS Victory issues that I had been searching for.
Not only that, he also sent me a brand new Amati kit of Dominica as an additional present.

He is so generous and I can't thank him enough for helping a fellow (unknown) modeller out of an awkward corner.
Chris