Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

HACHETTE 1:250 IJN AKAGI Options
Yutaro HONMA
#1 Posted : 03 May 2023 04:36:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi All!

Hachette collection Japan started a new part work seriese of 1:250 Akagi model in Japan on Sept 21st 2022. Of course I started it without hesitation.

https://hcj.jp/akagi/home.html

The biggest difference is "hull" between DeAGOSTINI model and Hachette one. DeAGOSTINI model's hull has to be cut out by builders. Hachette model's hull is made of a lot of metal parts. I like DeAGOSTINI model better because I can achieve a Akagi model with high degree of freedom by my self. On the other hand, Hachette model has several interesting gimics in it. I hope to enjoy them.

They make "How to Build" video on YouTube, any one can watch and realize the process of building the model.

https://www.youtube.com/...73HX_DdiYETu6aiGZYDF52s

So I will post only my enhance process of the model here.

Carrier-based boats and small parts are still gray. I painted them. Some linoleum floors are also gray, I had to paint them.

Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
No1.jpg
No2.jpg
No3.JPG
No4.JPG
No5.JPG
No6.JPG
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.