Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Does anyone have a solution or had the same issue? Options
Sh4WrY
#1 Posted : 07 May 2023 04:19:08

Groups: Registered

Nearly finished this build but for some reason the boot doesn't sit flush at the back (see photo) ive tried everything and ready to smash it into a thousand pieces, what a waste of time and money!

Not sure how to upload a photo 🙄
File Attachment(s):
IMG_20230507_041453167.jpg (2,127kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 07 May 2023 09:31:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sh4WrY wrote:
Nearly finished this build but for some reason the boot doesn't sit flush at the back (see photo) ive tried everything and ready to smash it into a thousand pieces, what a waste of time and money!

Not sure how to upload a photo 🙄

Hello

Yes i had a similar issue. Turned out the cover had a slight bend in it (so slight it could not be seen but enough to cause the issue you are having.

At that time i was able to get a replacement through the then UK based customer services and that resolved the issue on mine.

Might also be worth checking how that part has been fitted because in a few areas on my build there were excessive paint build ups under areas that parts and screws had to be fitted.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#3 Posted : 07 May 2023 09:44:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

In addition to Tony`s advice, it seems that the right hand side is high and that is the side the strut fits if I`m not mistaken. You could try removing the strut and see if it then sits flat. That would prove one way or another if the strut was the cause of your problem.

May also need to check the hinges are straight with each other.

Hope you find the issue and manage to correct it.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#4 Posted : 07 May 2023 10:04:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

When I built this kit the rear cover was much the same.
I fixed it by gently loosening the hinge fixing screws a little.
The lid was fine after that.
Also, the added weight of the spoiler will push the lid shut anyway.

roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1017035.JPG
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 07 May 2023 10:08:48

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

If all else fails replacement boot parts available here:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32545...4169?hash=item4bc66634d9:g:IEYAAOSwXrFjjhYk&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0F438YJ5Dc8sVgLVhK0yCIcv8pkN8U4VcCTVDt32eU6eBWiPniZgrBtybKNLwJN4zx4xHK4jnQ9Ss%2FfF6UrIB9jnnVVasaXBiKr%2B%2F7AmBOEh7SS%2FX8RDfycnrwvq33pA06GIY%2FgvhsYy6bYkmsajJvDOWsjGwOBDOJEFAScXT5Rta908HF9tIVqxLz2z0dZgyQLI5JtKlX72uDKd7ZMWCP4kiFcT%2BJ2VdF0GAXiXNFFtffAScc0KNsn%2FPGLHuCFTycvhqGjO9iTAr37DdRaYiWM%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR7DU7tb-YQ

Remember though that you may end up with the same problem.Crying

Regards
delboy271155
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Sh4WrY
#6 Posted : 07 May 2023 16:44:37

🤔 I never noticed the different heights of the left and right side, the boot doesn't have hinges just two pins, now the window frame I did notice it was bent on one side, also the left side I had to file the screw hole about two mm to fit in the side of the inside frame, il try a few suggestions if not then hopefully deagostini might replace the two sides, boot lid which the spoiler fits onto and the window frame, only fair that they should take responsibility of this, over 1k and it's unfit for purpose, thanks for your advice people, much appreciated 👍