Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Wright Flyer Options
GilShapley
#1 Posted : 19 May 2023 12:49:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

For my next trick-----

Model Airways Wright Flyer. This is 1/16 Scale, That is Wingspan 30" Length 15"

Should be fun. Will post pictures as the build progresses

Gil

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
GilShapley attached the following image(s):
WF!.jpg
Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
goddo
#2 Posted : 19 May 2023 14:13:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Looks an interesting build Gil.
You also have a very impressive list of "Stash and Built" there.
Chris
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 22 May 2023 22:44:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

This is a tough build Gil.The finished model is VERY fragile.I am sure you will knock it out of the park.

Carl

GilShapley
#4 Posted : 23 May 2023 06:49:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Not one for the Grandkids to play with then Carl ??

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 24 May 2023 16:26:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

GilShapley wrote:
Not one for the Grandkids to play with then Carl ??

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

No more like dont breathe when you are near it and dont try to pick it up after you have had coffee with a shot of espresso.

Carl

GilShapley
#6 Posted : 24 May 2023 16:51:55

So a glass of beer is a no no

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
GilShapley
#7 Posted : 15 August 2023 09:49:09

I put this build on the back burner when I started the UGears Off-Road vehicle.
TBH I was finding the Flyer a rather fussy build. Instructions, how can I put this? Confusing, and need a careful read. The parts are VERY fragile.A lot of glue a bit wait a bit and continue.

Now The Off Roader is done I will return to this build

Fingers crossed

Gil

GilShapley
#8 Posted : 15 August 2023 13:56:00

This is as far as I got with this build before I started the Off Roader.

Top and Bottom Wings, Their combined weight is 37 grams ?????

The ruler is their to give you an idea of the size of this model

GilShapley attached the following image(s):
WF2.jpg
Kev the Modeller
#9 Posted : 15 August 2023 21:56:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That kit does look frighteningly fragile Gil, as did the full sized aircraft, but take your time and I'm sure you will produce a stunning model at the end of this build. I'll be watching with great interest! Cool ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Markwarren
#10 Posted : 16 August 2023 00:53:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Very nice. You must have that in a very safe place to put on the back burner.BigGrin

Mark