Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ironman Official Build Issues 27 - 30 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 07 June 2023 20:48:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Well here we are with start of the next pack, which covers Issues 27 - 30.

Issue 27: Will cover the construction of the Little Finger.

Issue 28: Will complete the construction of the Left Arm.

Issues 29 and 30: Starts the construction of the Left Knee Joint.

Please Note: Issues 29 and 30 will leave you with loose parts until you get the next pack (Issues 31 - 34). I will show issues 29 and 30 in this thread, but I`ll leave it up to you as to whether you do it now or wait till your next delivery.

So, with all that blurb over LOL lets get on with Issue 27:

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

The Little Finger parts are all marked 5L and the whole construction is shown in Pic 2, with the relevant screws used notated.

The rest of the parts supplied with this issue will be used along with the issue 28 parts to complete the Left Hand/Arm. So keep them safe and I`ll see you soon for the next update. ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 09 June 2023 19:16:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

We have quite a bit more to do in Issue 28 ThumpUp ThumpUp and it will see the hand completed, then the left Arm / Hand will also be completed.

This means that in Issues 29 and 30 we will start something new. That will be the Left Knee Joint, which is the start of the Left Leg construction.

So the parts for this issue, are as usual shown in Pic 1.

To start, place the screen inside the palm and make sure the pin locates correctly into the screen and fix the two parts together using two BM screws. Pic 2.

As with the Right Hand, take the LED assembly and being very careful with the wires put the micro switch into its position in the side of the battery box. Pic 3.

Now position the LED Assembly into the Back of the hand supplied with Issue 27 and secure it with two IP screws. Pic 4.

You now need to place the circuit board of the LED assembly and its associated wires as shown in Pic 5, making sure that the wires will not get squashed/trapped when the hand halves are screwed together.

Install the wrist joint supplied in issue 27 at the base of the hand. Pic 6.

This is the tricky bit Blink , position the thumb and four fingers in the orientation shown in Pic 7. Then place the Palm with the screen in place making sure that the thumb, fingers and wrist joint all locate properly and that you have not trapped any wires. Pic 8.

If all is OK as per the above, then hold the back and palm of the hand together. Carefully flip the assembly over and fix it all together using three EM screws as shown in Pic 9.

Keeping the hand in the same position, insert a battery (supplied in an early issue) into the battery box following the polarity shown in Pic 10.

Position the battery cover (supplied in this issue) over the battery compartment and fix it with an EP screw. Pic 11.

Nearly there LOL .

Press the micro switch button on the back of the hand and check the palm light comes on . Pic 12. Don`t forget to turn it off again.Crying

Carefully press the hand onto the lower arm so that the joint clicks into place. Pic 13.

Position the magnetic hand guard onto the back of the hand. Pic 14 and you have completed the Left Arm. Pic 15.

So, I`ll be back soon with the start of the Left Leg Knee Joint. Until then take care. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Don`t forget, that should you have any problems or questions you can start a post in the discussion area of this build. I don`t bite. (OFTEN) LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 10 June 2023 20:31:58

Hi All, BigGrin

I`m really liking this build and as we are about to make a start on a new section (the Left Leg, Knee Joint), I`m eager to crack on. So lets get going with Issue 29.Cool

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

Not a lot to do in this issue, plus some of the up-coming issues you may wish to wait until you have more parts delivered before you continue. I will explain more as we proceed, but leave you to make the final decision. Its all about having loose parts laying about until you get to the next issue/issues.

For this issue: Place the Left Knee Gear Ring in place on the cover plate (supplied with this issue). With the gear teeth facing upwards, it can only be orientated in one position as shown in Pic 2.

With the Gear Ring in the correct position, fix it in place using two LM screws as shown in Pic 3.

That`s it for this issue. Blink From issue 30 through to the completion of issue 32 you will have loose parts at the end of these stages, so I`ll leave it up to you as to whether you continue and carefully store the parts or wait until you have the required issues. I have them, so will carry on and let you decide from my posts as to how you proceed.

Issue 30 coming soon. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Take care.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 11 June 2023 18:32:21

Hi All, BigGrin

This is the latest and last update for this Pack. Issue 30.

In this update we will continue with the Knee Joint construction. Please Note: at the end of this issue you will have loose parts to store (not ideal) and it will be the same at the end of issue 31. It won`t be until the end of issue 32 that the Knee Joint will be complete and firmly fixed together. So you may wish to wait until you have received the next pack before continuing.

As I have the next Pack I will continue with the updates so you will see what I mean.Blink

The parts received in this issue are shown in Pic 1.

Bring the Knee side plate back to your work space from the last issue and place the Left Knee gear ring supplied with this issue onto the ring gear already installed in Issue 29. (The positioning of the gear tab must be in the position shown) Pic 2.

Then place the spring supplied in this issue over the post so it sits on the gear ring. Pic 3.

Now remove the covering from one side of the double sided tape and position a piece on each side of the washer and press firmly into place, as shown in Pic 4.

For this part of the build I used a sharp craft knife to remove the second sides cover from the double sided tape, then using a pair of tweezers positioned and pressed the Washer into place inside the Left Knee Lower Joint. Pic 5.

Rest the Lower Joint in place over the spring, noting that the Joint needs to line up with the tab on the upper gear. Pic 6.

Well that`s it for now, but I`ll be back soon with Issues 31 - 32 to complete the Knee Joint. Cool

Take Care.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg