Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

I know this is not your normal build Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 20 June 2023 14:52:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Now I know that this is not your normal build here and I for one, when I started this, thought it would be very straight forward, and the same as a normal build I've done in the past, but boy, was I wrong. I’ve come to appreciate more, those of you who have done some of these wooded ships builds with all their splender, and this is probably more on par with those. I am enjoying this immensely and find it quite therapeutic from my normal builds. It is something I'm doing from my dining room table, and not my workshop, which I also find relaxing. Talk about new skills I’ve picked up, from miniature wooded cabinet making to soft furnishing using fabric and stitching, flowers and tiny pot making, in fact the only thing that comes where you don't have to make it are the characters. I'm not just saying this because I'm a forum moderator, but the parts are very well made, and you do have to take your time with anything that has to be done with this kit. The wooden parts, which is most of this kit, are well made and look stunning when you've built a cabinet or putting the architraves around the room. Cool

Anyway, anyone with a young daughter/son or granddaughter/son will have fun with this kit and judging with what I've done so far, this house will be a centre piece in anyone’s room.Love

Mark Cool

Moomins Official Build Link