Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ironman Official Build Issues 39 - 42 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 19 June 2023 15:25:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Well, here we go with the start of the next pack (Issues 39 - 42).

By the end of this pack, we will have a good idea of how big the leg is and what it will look like. There will be more parts still to add, but believe me its starting to look impressive.Drool Cool Drool

Issue 39:

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

Position the Instep protector with the Left shin guard, so that the pivot of the instep protector is inside the shin guard and the plate of the instep protector is sitting flush with the outside of the shin guard as shown in Pic 2.

Now, position the Hinge bracket over the pivot of the Instep protector as shown in Pic 3 and then secure the parts together using an AM screw. Pic 4.

If you now turn the Shin guard over it should look like the image in Pic 5. You should also be able to move the Instep protector as shown in Pic 6. Please note: that there should be some resistance to the movement so the Protector doesn`t just flap about.

That`s all for this issue. Pic 7

See you soon for the next update.BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 19 June 2023 17:15:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

I`m having to push this on a bit as my PC is not feeling well. LOL

Have all my Pics for this pack stored on this PC, so will get them posted this week before it goes to the PC hospital. Crying I have a Laptop as a back-up, so will not be out of contact with you all. Flapper

This update is for Issue 40, where we carry on building up the Left leg. We will connect the "Upper leg" and "Lower leg" via the Knee Joint, Add the Left foot/Ankle joint to the Shin and get things working towards the internal detailing of the Left leg.Cool

Issue 40:

As per usual the parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

To start the construction, bring the Outer thigh / Knee joint (Issue 38) and the Left shin guard (Issue 39), back to the table and position them as shown in Pic 2. I have added a close-up of the positioning of the parts to assist. Pic 3. Now holding the parts carefully in position, fix them together using two IM screws. Pic 4.

Its now time to connect up the Left foot/Ankle to the Shin, so bring back the Left foot/Ankle (Issue 35) back to the work space.

Fit the frame of the Ankle onto the posts inside the Shin guard. Pic 5. Now fit the Inner leg support plate (supplied in this issue), over the positioned joint, Pic 6 and secure the plate into position using three EM screws. Pic 7.

The inside of the Left leg should be the same as Pic 8.

That finishes this issue and the outside of the Left leg should be the same as that shown in Pic 9.

Take care and see you all soon for Issue 41. Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 20 June 2023 15:02:58

Hi All, Cool

As I said, these updates will be fairly rapid. So here`s the next one for Issue 41.

Parts supplied with this issue are shown in Pic 1.

To start this stage of the build you need two parts on your work space. The Inner leg support frame from the previous issue (40) and the Inner leg circuit board supplied with this issue. Pic 2.

Feed the narrow end of the circuit board in from the wide end of the support frame making sure that the pin and hole at their narrow ends engage fully, as highlighted in Pic 3. Then, whilst holding the parts carefully together, turn them over and fix them together with two IP screws as indicated in Pic 4.

The assembly that has just been made, now fits into the rear of the Lower left leg. Pic 5. With the assembly correctly positioned, you can now fix it in place using three EM screws. Pic 6.

The rest of this issue is taken up with detailing the circuit board that we just fitted. All the parts are a press fit, so all I need to say is make sure the parts are straight when you press them into place, or you may break a locating pin. All the parts that we are about to fit have been supplied with this issue.

Fit the four parts (41B) as shown in Pic 7.

Part (41D) as shown in Pic 8.

Part (41C) as shown in Pic 9.

Lastly, (41E) as shown in Pic 10.

That`s all for this issue and your Left leg (the model one LOL ) should be as shown in Pic 11.

Just one more update for this pack to go now, so will see you soon. Woot

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 20 June 2023 21:56:42

Hi All, BigGrin

Here we are with the last update for this pack, Issue 42. The parts supplied in this issue are shown in Pic 1.

In this issue we will be constructing the Lower rear leg armour, that will be movable to display the interior detail of the Lower left leg.

Start, by positioning the pivot of the Heel pad on the inside of the Rear leg armour, with the main part of the pad lined up with the outer armour surface. Pic 2.

Making sure that the parts stay in that orientation, place the Heel support plate over the hinge point and fix it in place using two EM screws. Pic 3.

Check the movement of the Heel pad at this point, noting it should move fairly easily, but with enough resistance that it will stay in the position you put it in. Pic 4.

Bring the assembly from the last stage back to your work area and place the rear
armour onto the lower leg. Note: that the pivots on each side will be in line with the mounting points of the lower leg. Pic 5.

I have included a close-up to show how things should line up. Pic 6.

Place a clear washer into the pivot arm of the rear leg armour. Pic 7. Then fix the pivot point together with an EM screw. Pic 8. Then repeat this operation on the other side as per Pic 9.

Finally check the movement of the lower leg rear armour plate. Pic 10.

That completes this issue and pack. The end result can be viewed in Pic 11.

I will be back ASAP with the next pack as soon as I receive the next parts. It may take a little longer to post the updates as I have to get used to the Laptop I will be using. Being a person of the older generation I don`t transfer from one type of PC to another easily. Sorry.LOL

In the meantime take care and see you soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg