Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ironman Official Build Issues 55 - 58 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 23 July 2023 14:14:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi ALL, BigGrin

Definitely not the weather for boat painting outdoors, so here I am with the next update for Iron Man issue 55 that starts a new pack.

In this issue we carry on with the assembly of the right leg.

The parts supplied for Issue 55 are shown in Pic 1.

Not a lot to do here:

Press the rear thigh plate 2 carefully into position on rear thigh plate 1. Pic 2.

That`s it for this issue. Pic 3.

To keep the parts safe and clean until they are used at a later stage, I returned them back to the protective plastic they came in. Pic 4.

Be back soon with the Issue 56 update. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 24 July 2023 16:15:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

Back again with the update for Issue 56.

This will continue more of the right leg assembly.

Unfortunately, like Issue 55 there`s not a lot to do, but all the small sub-assemblies will come together soon with the finishing of the right leg.

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.

The first thing to do is bring back the assembly from Issue 53.

Then carefully press the Outer Thigh Plate (supplied with this issue) into position as shown in Pic 2.

"That" as they say is that, so I returned the remaining parts from this issue back into the protective plastic mould they came in. Pic 3.

Take care out there and I`ll see you soon for the update of Issue 57.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 26 July 2023 17:57:25

Hi All, BigGrin

Well as the last two updates were not of any great length, I`m back with the update for Issue 57. Blink

Bored Parts supplied shown in Pic 1. (Sorry can`t change that bit Flapper ).

We do have a "bit" more to do in this issue, but I`m now working on issue 58 so that will follow soon.

To start this issue, bring the Inner Thigh Plate and Interior Thigh Structure to your work space and position them as shown in Pic 2.

Then, holding the two parts in place turn them over and fix them together with two IP screws. Pic 3. Please Note: tighten the screws tight enough so that the two parts do not move independently of each other, but be careful not to over tighten and strip the threads you make.

In this issue you have been supplied with two Thigh Caps (marked internally as R1 and R2.

Taking cap (R1) press it into place on the construction from the previous stage, (shown in Pic 4) whilst noting that the part will only engage in one position.

You now need to bring the sub - assembly from issue 53 (that you worked on in the last update) and press the Thigh Cap (R2) into position as shown in Pic 5. This will also fit in only one orientation.

That`s it for this update, Pic 6.

I`ll be back with the update for issue 58 soon and that will close this pack.

Only two issues after #58 to go and we will have reached the halfway point of this amazing build. Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 28 July 2023 19:20:45

Hi All, BigGrin

I`ve just been out on a five hour river clean-up with three other volunteers, so I`m now sat chilling and doing the update for Issue 58. This issue will close out this pack and leave us just two issues from the halfway point of the standard build. Cool

Issue 58 is another sub-assembly of the right leg, but I can confirm that in the next pack the right leg starts coming together and that can only mean we are getting close to the main body section.Woot Woot Woot

So, onto issue 58, with the parts supplied shown in Pic 1.

From the parts supplied with this issue, bring the shin guard and instep protector to your work place. With both parts having the insides facing upwards, slide the instep guard under the lower end of the shin guard and locate the hinge pin of the instep guard into position as indicated by the yellow circle in Pic 2.

Next position the hinge support over the hinge pin of the instep guard. Pic 3. Then fix the hinge support in place using an AM screw. Pic 4. NOTE: Be careful not to over tighten the AM screw or you will strip the thread and it will not tighten and hold the instep guard in place.

Check the movement of the instep guard as indicated in Pic 5.

That completes this issue, see Pic 6 and this pack. So see you all soon for the next updates with Issues 59 - 62 of the next pack.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg