Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Create and Decorate your Moominhouse Pack 7 Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 22 July 2023 19:22:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Issue 21

Contents
Cellar Floor, Rear Wall, Left & Right Walls, Sofa Backrest, Sofa Seat, Armrest A x4, Armrests B x2 Wooded Strip.

Pull Out Cellar
Take the cellar floor and the back wall and glue in place as shown. Take the right-hand wall and glue in place followed by the left-hand wall. Allow this to dry. You may want to use some clamps to hold in place. Now paint the cellar. I used a mix of brown, small amount of black and some cobalt blue which I had made when painting the chairs in a previous issue. I mixed the paints with water to an almost wash like substance. I gave the cellar two coats of paint, allowed to dry, then highlighted some of the planks to give a more realistic look to it.

Assembling the Sofa
Cut out both the armrests A & B and position them as shown, note that the armrest B has a slope, these go on the ends when gluing to armrest A. Divide the wooden strip into 2 equal lengths. Attach the strip to the right-hand armrest A into the slot. Now attach the second armrest A and glue in place. Finally attach the armrest B with the slope on the outside and glue to the rest of the armrests and strip. Do the same with the other armrest assembly. Allow these to dry before sanding smooth.
Position the sofa seat as show noting the position of the bevelled edge. Now apply glue to the bevelled edge of the seat and attach the backrest. Allow this to dry. Finally attach the armrest to the seat, making sure you fix them with the sloping parts to the backrest.

That completes this issue.

Markwarren attached the following image(s):
21 (1).jpg
21 (2).jpg
21 (3).jpg
21 (3a).jpg
21 (4).jpg
21 (5).jpg
21 (6).jpg
21 (7).jpg
21 (9).jpg
21 (10).jpg
21 (11).jpg
21 (11a).jpg
21 (12).jpg
21 (13).jpg
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 22 July 2023 19:26:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Issue 22

Contents
Cellar supports x2, Front Panels Ax2, Front Panel Bx1, Top Rail, Seating Decorative Strip, Front Legs x2, Rear Legs x2, Decorative Strip B, Fabric, Armrest Cushions, Sofa Backrest Cushion, Cushion for the Seat.

Assembling The Pull-Out Cellar
Paint the cellar parts using the same paint as in the previous issue and allow to dry. Apply glue to both the cellar supports and glue in place as shown. Now glue the front panels A in place followed by panel B in the centre with the hole. Finally, glue the rail on the top lining up all the tabs and allow to dry.
Note: I applied some gloss varnish with a brush to seal the painted cellar. This also gave it a nice sheen.

Assembling The Sofa
Cut out the front and back legs using a craft knife. Glue the back legs in place as shown, noting that the upper ends of the legs are slightly bevelled, so they tilt backwards. Next, glue the front legs, sliding the seat into the groove of the front legs. Glue the decorative strip to the seat backrest, followed by the decorative strip to the front of the sofa seat. Once this was dry, I sanded mine smooth before spraying a white primer to help with the painting. I used the paint I made previously when assembling the 2 chairs and table before in issues 13 and 14.

Now it is time to upholster the sofa. This is done pretty much in the same way as we did when making the chairs in issues 13 and 14.
First, take the armrest cushion, or card. Position the armrest cushion, white side up, and bend it over the armrest pressing it firmly. Cut the fabric to a width of 7cm and fix double sided tape to the underside. I fixed the tape individually on each cushion, one at a time as I made each part. Fit the fabric as you did before with the chair cushions in issues 13 and 14. The backrest cushion was more difficult because of the shape. Here I used a cocktail stick to help me guide the fabric over the plastic cushion. Cutting small notches in the fabric around the curved areas also help manipulate it round.
Glue the cushions in place starting with the backrest, followed by the armrests and finally the seat cushion.

22 (1).jpg
22 (2).jpg
22 (3).jpg
22 (4).jpg
22 (5).jpg
22 (6).jpg
22 (6a).jpg
22 (7).jpg
22 (8).jpg
22 (9).jpg
22 (10).jpg
22 (11).jpg
22 (12).jpg
22 (13).jpg
22 (14).jpg
22 (15).jpg
22 (16).jpg
22 (17).jpg
22 (18).jpg
22 (19).jpg
22 (20).jpg
22 (22).jpg
22 (23).jpg
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 30 July 2023 17:07:03

Issue 23

Contents
Cellar Steps x 5 Pieces, Cellar Shelves x 4, Cellar Shelf Vertical Parts x 8, Cellar Shelf Horizontal Parts x 12, 2 x Sponges, 2 x Fabric, 2 x Templates and Thread.

Assembly The Cellar Steps
This step is relatively easy. Cut out the 5 parts to making the steps. Paint the parts in the same colour as the cellar floor and side wall as before. Once dry, glue and place the 3 steps to the side panel as shown. Then attach the other side panel to finish the assembly. Once dry, glue the step assembly to the cellar floor, applying glue glue dries, test fit the shelf parts into the 2 slots, this will me to the tabs on the bottom of the steps and securing them into the holes in the floor.

Assembling the Cellar Shelves
Separate all the parts to making the 2 shelf units. Position the vertical part as shown and glue one of the horizonal pieces, leaving the larger of the grooves open. Now glue another 2 horizontal parts as shown. Fit another vertical part to the other side in the same way as shown.
Tip: Before the glue dries, test fit the shelf parts into the 2 slots, this will make sure they fit when dry and it also squares the final assembly whilst drying. Do the same with the other 3 side assemblies.
Next, paint the pieces and allow to dry. I used the same colour as the steps and cellar.
Fit the shelf parts into the grooves on one of the side pieces and glue into place, then glue the other side panel to the shelf part to complete the assembly. Do the same to the other shelf unit and allow to dry.

Making Storage Bags
NOTE, the magazine shows the names of the bags at the top of the fabric, mine were at the bottom. This was not an issue with me and doesn’t alter how it goes together.
Take the fabric with the lettering facing down. Fit the template into the fabric and fold the sides in equally as shown. Now apply some 5mm double sided sticky tape to the folded parts as shown.
Tip: Before peeling off the backing to the tape, fold the fabric in half and push down to give a good fold line. This will make it much easier to fold when you’ve peeled off the backing, which I found out having not done so with the first one.

Once you’ve folded in half, open it up using a small stick. Next, take one of the sponges and break it up into little pieces. Place one of the pieces into the sack and push down using the small stick. Continue with the remaining sponge pieces, pushing each one down. Take the thread and cut this into 2 equal piece and wrap around the top of the sack. I used a spot of super glue to make sure it didn’t undo. Proceed in the same way with the other sack.

23 (1).jpg
23 (2).jpg
23 (3).jpg
23 (4).jpg
23 (5).jpg
23 (6).jpg
23 (7).jpg
23 (8).jpg
23 (9).jpg
23 (10).jpg
23 (11).jpg
23 (12).jpg
23 (13).jpg
23 (14).jpg
23 (15).jpg
23 (16).jpg
23 (17).jpg
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 30 July 2023 17:27:15

Issue 24

Contents

Cladding Detail x 4, Furniture Parts x 5.

Assembling The Stone Cladding
There are 2 types of cladding detail, cladding A has holes in the sides, whilst cladding B has pegs on the side. First, glue part A to part B as shown. Do the same with the other two pieces of cladding.
The magazine tells you to put the first part into the slot of the cellar base as shown. This is then followed by the second cladding part you’ve just made, fitting it in the same way and gluing the parts to the base.
Note: I have NOT glued my cladding parts to the base until I have the remaining cladding parts which will be in the next issue. This is because I will be painting my cladding and to do so I will need this assembly separate for ease of painting without the need to mask parts off.

Assembling The Kitchen Shelf
Cut out all the parts and sand off any excess edges. Take one of the side panels and glue the base part into the slot, making sure the peg is further from the back. Glue the other side panel and glue into place followed by the back panel. Finally glue the top shelf on and allow to dry. The assembly of the drawers will come in the next issue.

24 (1).jpg
24 (2).jpg
24 (3).jpg
24 (4).jpg
24 (5).jpg
24 (6).jpg
24 (7).jpg
24 (8).jpg
24 (9).jpg
24 (10).jpg