Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

f13dfx Options
f13dfx
#1 Posted : 10 August 2023 01:27:48

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Does anyone know how many kits there are altogether? It was mentioned that one of the first packages had 5 kits in them that cost $13.99 per kit!

I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for this model BUT I need to know just how many kits there are so I can calculate an approximate total I can tell my wife. BigGrin
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 10 August 2023 12:20:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

f13dfx wrote:
Does anyone know how many kits there are altogether? It was mentioned that one of the first packages had 5 kits in them that cost $13.99 per kit!

I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for this model BUT I need to know just how many kits there are so I can calculate an approximate total I can tell my wife. BigGrin

Don`t know if this will help you as this is UK info:

110 issues in total.

Pack 1: 2 issues (1 and 2) at reduced prices.

Pack 2: 4 issues (3 - 6 where issue three is free).

Pack 3 onwards: there is 5 issues per pack.

Premium subscription: From pack 3 onwards add £1 (or Canadian equivalent) for each issue.

Don`t know if you would have extra postage being in Canada.

Hope this helps.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

goddo
#3 Posted : 11 August 2023 12:07:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

f13dfx wrote:

Here is a very good tip, f13dfx

Tell your wife the "corrected" value of the kit (it IS an investment, dear) when she has just got home after having her hair done or nails painted. Oh, and don't forget the compliments about how good she looks before you give her the good news about the kits.

Well, it nearly worked for me.....sorry if you have problems.....

Chris
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 11 August 2023 16:03:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

goddo wrote:
f13dfx wrote:

Tell your wife the "corrected" value of the kit (it IS an investment, dear) when she has just got home after having her hair done or nails painted. Oh, and don't forget the compliments about how good she looks before you give her the good news about the kits.

Chris

Didn’t work for me.Bored When I told her how much it was, she replied, that’s WHY, I can’t have my hair and nails done.LOL
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 11 August 2023 16:53:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Markwarren wrote:
goddo wrote:
f13dfx wrote:

Chris

Didn’t work for me.Bored When I told her how much it was, she replied, that’s WHY, I can’t have my hair and nails done.LOL

Nah just go for it and tell her. Just remember that when you hear the whistling noise to duck, just before the slap lands. Then say well I`m in contract now.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

f13dfx
#6 Posted : 15 August 2023 03:03:42

delboy271155
#7 Posted : 15 August 2023 11:27:31

Now you`re teasing,LOL LOL LOL

Have fun and don`t forget to post us some pictures.Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#8 Posted : 16 August 2023 00:49:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice one, just don’t curtain twitch whilst waiting for the postman.LOL LOL

Mark
f13dfx
#9 Posted : 16 August 2023 05:33:23

Actually, I still have the 1/4 scale Rossi Yamaha YZR-M1 Bike to do this Fall BigGrin
delboy271155
#10 Posted : 16 August 2023 20:00:32

f13dfx wrote:
Actually, I still have the 1/4 scale Rossi Yamaha YZR-M1 Bike to do this Fall BigGrin

Hi, BigGrin

Oh how I love the 1:4 scale bikes and I`m a car lover. Blink

I have built the Hyabusa and the Easy Rider and they make amazing display pieces.

Can`t wait to see some Pics of either of your available or soon to become available builds.

Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)Admin

f13dfx
#11 Posted : 17 August 2023 19:50:11

delboy271155 wrote:
f13dfx wrote:

Hi, BigGrin

Oh how I love the 1:4 scale bikes and I`m a car lover. Blink

I have built the Hyabusa and the Easy Rider and they make amazing display pieces.

Can`t wait to see some Pics of either of your available or soon to become available builds.

Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)Admin

Thank you! I'm sending my wife & kids to Japan & South Korea so I have 3 weeks to build the Yamaha bike.

In the meantime, here's an old YouTube video when I finished the McLaren F1 MP3-24.
f13dfx
#12 Posted : 18 September 2023 20:03:28

Just got charged $53.39 for Pack #2!

Ay caramba!
delboy271155
#13 Posted : 18 September 2023 20:50:03

f13dfx wrote:

Ay caramba!

Blink Crying Blink Crying Blink

Don`t know what to make of that.

Web search says "Ay caramba!" means surprise or PAIN. Confused

Hope its surprise.BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

f13dfx
#14 Posted : 19 September 2023 20:44:05

delboy271155 wrote:
f13dfx wrote:

Ay caramba!

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

I know I paid a fair amount per Pack for the 1/4 scale Rossi Yamaha YZR-M1. Although there was no mention (or my old eyes may have missed it) of the Price per Pack after the Introductory Price, does the $53.39 per Pack sound reasonable to you?
delboy271155
#15 Posted : 19 September 2023 22:08:42

f13dfx wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:
f13dfx wrote:

Ay caramba!

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

I know I paid a fair amount per Pack for the 1/4 scale Rossi Yamaha YZR-M1. Although there was no mention (or my old eyes may have missed it) of the Price per Pack after the Introductory Price, does the $53.39 per Pack sound reasonable to you?

Hi Blink

From this link to USA: www.deagostini.com/us/sc...s/lotus-97t-ayrton-senna

Check out the FAQ section, how the subscription works.

Pack 2:

1 free issue
3 issues at $13.99 each
Shipping 4 issues $9.60

Total = $51.57

Allowing for exchange rate difference its very close.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin