Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Infinity Gauntlet Official Build Issues 7 - 11 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 23 September 2023 15:20:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, back again with some more Infinity Gauntlet. BigGrin

This is Pack 3 that will cover issues 7 to 11

This update is for issue 7, that continues the work on the palm of the Gauntlet.

Parts supplied are as always shown in Pic 1.

Position the smaller part supplied (A96)into its position on the main palm piece from Issue 6 as shown in Pic 2. Then whilst holding the parts together, turn them over and secure the part with 2 of the supplied screws. Pic 3.

That completes this update with the finished assembly and part A95 (to be used later) in Pic 4.

Be back soon with the update for issue 8.Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 24 September 2023 16:49:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Again, BigGrin

Welcome to the next update for the Infinity Gauntlet. This is for Issue 8 where the main piece of the palm of the Gauntlet will be extended.

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1. Please note that as only one type of screw is supplied I won`t be referring to the screws by type, I`ll just say how many and when they are used. Screw positions will be indicated in the pictures attached.

Note: In this issue we will be attaching three plates, that will all need to line up when the third is positioned and fixed. Therefore DO NOT fully tighten the screws until the end, but leave just a little movement to give us some wriggle room.Blink

Bring the Palm (Issue 7) back to the table. Position part A97 onto the lower edge of the palm and secure it with a single screw as shown in Pic 2.

All of the plates that we attaching in this update are arranged around the Thumb position, so the screws will need to be properly tightened. I`ll remind you when to do this in a bit.

Move onto part A98 (this issue) and position it above the thumb area by the knuckles and fix it (gently) in place with two screws. Pic 3.

Now here`s the reason for not fully tightening the previous screws. Bring part A95 (Issue 7) back to the table. This part now locates along with the palm and the two pieces we have just added.

Carefully position part A95 onto all its locating points and secure it with four screws. Pic 4. NOW you can fully tighten all seven screws used in this update.

Flip the Palm over and it should be the same as the one shown in Pic 5.

Just as a point of info, the PALM at this time weighs in at an impressive 575 gms. or around 1lb 4 ozs in old money.LOL

See you all soon for the next weight lifting update.LOL Flapper

Coming up:

Issues 9 and 10 will add details to the back of the Gauntlet and

Issue 11 will start the construction of the Thumb and that will continue up to Issue 19.

Next update coming soon, watch this space.Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 25 September 2023 16:51:03

Well, this is going well. BigGrin

Welcome back for the next update. (Issue 9) Where we will extend the the back face of the Gauntlet.

During this issue I came across a problem the the fit of the parts. This was looked into and a cure found, so I will explain what happened during this update, but I must stipulate that this may not be a problem for everyone. It could have been that I had a rouge moulding problem.

More on that in a bit, lets get on.BigGrin

Parts supplied shown in Pic 1. All screws used in this update are of the same type as supplied with this issue.

The plate supplied (A34) fits on the lower right hand side of the Gauntlet rear assembly. Pic 2.

NOTE: this is where I had the problem with the fit of the parts. Having looked at all the points where the two parts came together I found a lug in the moulding, Pic 3. Now I don`t know, (as I`ve nothing to compare it too) whether this should even be there. That said, with the use of a micro file I removed just the tip of the lug and the fit of the parts were then perfect.

With the fit as it should be, the parts are held firmly together using 3 of the supplied screws. Tip: Whilst fitting these screws, remove them Gem Stones from their positions. You can then insert and tighten the screws without putting undue pressure on the stones and their switches. Pic 4.

That completes this issue. Pic 5. So I hope to see you all very soon for Issue 10`s update, where there will be another addition to the back of the Gauntlet.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 26 September 2023 16:52:49

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Here comes another one.LOL

The update for Issue 10 is here. This update is the last for now on the rear of the Gauntlet. From Issue 11, we turn our attention to constructing the Gauntlet`s Thumb and it is covered by the next 9 issues.

So, parts supplied in Pic 1.

For this update it is advisable to remove the stones from the rear plates to avoid damage to the stones or their internal switching systems. Pic 2.

There is one item to add to the Gauntlet in this update, part A35 and it should be positioned as shown in Pic 3. When positioned correctly, hold the parts together and carefully turn them over. Fix the parts together using 4 screws supplied in this issue. Pic 4.

As this is the last work on this assembly, you can reinstate the stones Pic 5 and store it away carefully.

The rear of the Gauntlet (at this time) weighs in at an impressive 1189 gms. I`m going to need something bigger than kitchen scales at this rate.LOL LOL

Work on the Thumb is already underway, so keep your eyes on the forum for new updates.ThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

delboy271155
#5 Posted : 26 September 2023 17:46:53

Hi All, BigGrin second update in a day.

Wow, I`m feeling dizzy.LOL LOL

This update (Issue 11) will be the start of the Thumb of the Gauntlet and the closure on this pack.

Next pack covers issues 12 - 16 and its all about the Thumb.Blink Blink

So, to this update. There is not a lot of work to do, but it means I can get on with more updates.ThumpUp

Parts supplied are shown in Pic 1.Bored LOL

The building of the Thumb, consists of an internal structure that provides the hinge points and the external Armour plates.

This update builds the tip of the Thumb.

Bring parts C60 and C61 together as shown in Pic 2. Then secure the parts using 1 of the screws supplied in this issue. Pic 3.

Part C67 is not used at this point, so store the Thumb tip and the unused part for future use. Pic 4.

That ends this update and completes this pack.

The next pack, covering issues 12 - 16 is coming soon.Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg