Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Robocop Official Build Issues 1 - 2 Options
SimonWilliams
#1 Posted : 27 September 2023 00:48:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hello Everyone and welcome to the Official Robocop build.

I am very excited to be doing this build. Plus as an 80's youngster, I relished the Robocop films. This is very iconic for me and hopefully for you too. If you have any questions, please feel free to use the Discussion Forum and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Link to discussion area: https://forum.deagostini...aspx?g=topics&f=798

I will split the first issue into two parts due to the number of photos involved.

Issue 1 Part 1

We start with the line up of the components for issue 1 (Pic 1) that also comes with a screwdriver.

Inner Head Assembly;

Start with the right hand side of the inner head (1E) and put the collar (1G) in first (Pic 2)

The internal plate (1F) has a raised section with holes around it, that end of the plate goes towards the front of the inner head (1E) as shown in (Pic 3)
There is a recess for the plate to go into as shown in (Pic 4)

Magnet (1I) goes into the top part of the head (1E) width ways, there is a slight recess to hold it in place (Pic 5)

Lay the assembly on its side for now, it is stable enough to not roll around (Pic 6). Place the other half of the inner head (1D) onto your assembly and press into place gently, taking care to check that all inner parts line up. Now use 4 x AP screws in the holes indicated to secure both halves together (Pic 7)

Note: Do not over tighten the screws as the plastic thread that has been cut will strip out.
SimonWilliams attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
SimonWilliams
#2 Posted : 27 September 2023 01:08:51

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Issue 1 part 2

Helmet Assembly;

The ear pieces (1C) are not handed so can be used as either left or right. The both have a locating lug on their inner side that has a matching recess on the helmet (1A)(Pic 1)
Place each ear piece in turn into its location on the helmet and hold it in place whilst holding the helmet upside down and using a QP screw to secure it in place (Pic 2). Be careful as you will be going in at an angle due to the other side of the helmet, so do not apply excessive pressure when screwing it in as the screwdriver may slip and cause injury or damage.

Now repeat for the other ear piece.
Note: Do not over tighten the screws as the plastic thread that has been cut will strip out.

The magnet holder (1J) has an arrow on it, this points in the same direction as the large arrow inside the helmet (Pic 3 and 4) and is secured in place with 2 x EM screws (Pic 5)

The magnet (1H) goes in next. It has a recess for a screw on the top side. Use 1 x AP screw. Put the screw in the hole then put it in place inside the magnet holder (1J) and pin it in place with two fingers as you bring the screwdriver in (Pic 6)
It is a strong magnet and will leap out onto your screwdriver before you can get close enough to tighten the screw if not held down.

The visor (1B) goes into the helmet next. Place the visors outside edges into the retaining grooves as shown (Pic 7) and slide into place. Apply gentle pressure to secure in place. There is no click once in place, as soon as the top edge contacts the raised stopping points, your visor will hold in place (Pic 8)

You can now place the helmet onto the inner head assembly. The magnet holder fits inside the hole on top of the inner head. It can be a bit tricky to locate properly until you have the hang of it, so keep a firm grip on both components and position them gently until the magnet holds the two parts together (Pic 9)

I hope you have enjoyed the first part of this awesome build, issue 2 is coming soon.

Kind regards,
Simon
SimonWilliams attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 08 October 2023 21:07:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Issue 2

Contents

Right Foot Assembly Parts.

Join the heel support pieces with an AM screw as in picture 1 and 2.
Note: The screw is a very tight fit. I had to grip the rod with a pair of pliers lined with rubber to grip it whilst screwing in the screw.
Next, fit the support to the back of the main foot piece with 2 x AM screws. Pictures 3 and 4.
Now insert the 1st friction block into the base of the joint, pictures 5 and 6. Then place the smaller friction block in the same way, then insert the ball and socket joint with the ball facing downwards, pictures 7 to 9.
Now assemble the four elements with 4 x CM screws as shown in picture 10. Picture 11 shows how it will look on the top view.
Place the instep under the main part of the foot, picture 12, and secure with a CM screw, picture 13.
Fit the toe cap on the inside of the foot and fit the spring, pictures 14 and 15.
Note: The easiest way to fit the spring is to attach the closed end of the spring first with a CM screw, then fit the other CM screw, but don’t screw it all the way, then stretch the open end of the spring around the screw and secure tightly.
Finally fit the rear sole and then the front sole and secure with 7 X CM screws, pictures 16 to 18.
The final picture shows the complete assembly.

That completes this issue.
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg