Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Infinity Gauntlet Official Build Issues 27 - 31 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 11 November 2023 13:28:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Firstly an apology for the delay in this batch of updates, that was due to a packing error of the parts supplied. The error involved issue 27, so I couldn`t post anything until I received those parts. I`m happy to announce that I am now in possession of said parts, so can get back on track.

Here comes the update for Issue 27.

This update will extend the index finger and the parts (eventually) supplied are in Pic 1.

Retrieve the index finger assembly from Issue 26 and press the part C08 fully into position as shown in Pic 2. Note: I found this part a tight fit, so take care on how you apply pressure. The parts must be fully engaged or the following parts will not align.

Now place the black washer into the recess in the side of the finger as in Pic 3.

The next task is to fit the side panel C07. This part must be applied squarely to the finger as several parts need to engage. The top slot must engage with the top panel (just fitted), the washer must be retained in place and the diamond shaped lug on the previous construction must locate in the hole in the side panel. Pic 4.

When sure that the side panel is correctly placed fix it there using a silver screw 02 as in Pic 5.

That concludes this update, keep part A17 safely for use later. Pic 6.

See you soon for Issue 28 Cool , where the index finger will be extended further.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 13 November 2023 17:19:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Back again with the next update for the Gauntlet, Issue 28.

You will need the Index finger as built so far, part A17 that was left over from Issue 27 and (the parts supplied for this issue that are shown in Pic 1).

Position a black washer into the recess of the assembly from Issue 27, Pic 2. Then pass the long spindle of part C09 fully through the hole where you placed the washer. Pic 3.

Part C11 now needs to be pressed into the corresponding slots in C09 and it must be fully inserted so the following parts align correctly. Pic 4.

The next step of assembly positions part A17 in place on the main assembly. This needs a little jiggling, but I found that with some movement of the parts it located easily. Pic 5 and Pic 6 shows the left hand side lug of A17 correctly located in part C09.

To secure part A17 in position, add part D05 and hold in place using a silver 02 type screw. Pic 7.

Working from the same side of the finger position the second black washer as shown in Pic 8.

Time to fit the right hand side plate. Lots of bits to align here, so you may have to move some of the joints to achieve full alignment.

The top edge of the panel C10 has two lugs to locate into the top plate C11, the lug on A17 (right side) must locate in the hole in the panel and keeping the washer in place the screw hole must also align. When all is in the correct position use another silver type 02 screw to fix all the parts together. Pic 9 shows in yellow markings all the points of alignment.

That ends this update and you should be able to flex the finger assembly as shown in Pic 10.

See you all soon for the update of Issue 29, where we will construct the root of the Index Finger.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 16 November 2023 16:35:18

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Well I`m back with the update for Issue 29, where we will build the root of the Index finger of the Gauntlet.

Parts supplied shown in Pic 1.

Take the parts C12 and C13 and place them together, noting that the extended lugs on C13 fit into the slots of C12 as indicated in Pic 2. These two parts are then secured together by the use of 2 x type 02 screws (silver).Pic 3.

Now fit two black washers into the inside of part A18, making sure that the washers lay flat against the inside surfaces of part A18. Pic 4. Bring the previous assembly back and position it inside part A18, making sure that both washers stay in the correct position and the orientation is correct so that the lug indicated is in the right place. Pic 5.

Part D06 is now used to enclose the pivoting parts. It fits onto two posts inside part A18 and the lug mentioned previously should be below the lower edge of part D06 as in Pic 6. If you have the parts correctly aligned now fix them together with the use of 2 x type 01 screws (black) Pic 7.

That completes this update and the central part of the assembly should pivot slightly, restricted by the two lugs on the central parts.

See you soon for the update of Issue 30, where the main Index finger and the root will be joined up.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 21 November 2023 18:25:54

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Here I am with the latest update for the Infinity Gauntlet. Issue 30. In this update the Index finger will achieve its full length, with the armour plates to be added in upcoming issues.

Parts supplied in Pic 1.

You will also need the Finger from Issue 28 and the finger root from Issue 29. These will be connected together using the parts in this stage.

Place a black washer on the spindle of part C14 from this stage. Pic 2. Then pass the same spindle through the finger assembly from Issue 28. Pic 3. But,

WARNING: At this point I had a major problem. The spindle of part C14 was not going to pass through the finger as required, as it was so tight that something would have broken. It may be that I had a one off rouge part and therefore you won`t have the same problem and if so that`s fine, but if you do, this is the solution. On closer inspection I noticed that the very top edge of the spindle bulged a bit, so I took a miniature flat file and chamfered the very top edge of the spindle and that allowed the spindle half way through the finger, but I then had the same problem, so carefully removed the spindle again and just feathered the file down the shaft of the spindle and that cured the problem. Please note: that there should be a little friction between the spindle and the finger to keep it in the position you want, so don`t go mad with the file, just a trial and error situation. Do a little, test and so on.

Apologies for the length of that, but if your part fits ok, or you have had to use the fix, we can now continue. Blink

My rectified part is shown in Pic 4 and direction of movement of the part in Pic 5.

Take part A19 (this issue) and position it as shown in Pic 6, ensuring the pin is set inside the oval slot indicated by the red circle. A circular pin on the other side should fit through the side plate C14 as shown in Pic 7.

Now bring in the assembly from Issue 29 and position it on the second spindle of part C14. Pic 8. Note: you may have to pivot the parts a little to get them into position.

Pic 9 shows the next finger top plate C16 pressed into place on the finger. Take care to push the part squarely into place to avoid breaking the tabs or slots where they join, noting the tabs are different sizes so the part can only fit one way.

Place another black washer into the finger as in Pic 10. Then place the side plate C15 onto the side of the finger, ensuring the washer stays in position and the pin fits into the hole in the plate (circled) and fix the parts together using 2 x silver 02 type screws. Pic 11.

That completes this update, but I have added a size comparison of the constructed finger and my same finger in Pic 12 and Pic 13 shows how the finger is articulated to bend.

The next update, Issue 31 will finish this pack and will be coming soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

delboy271155
#5 Posted : 23 November 2023 17:47:39

Hi All, BigGrin BigGrin

Last update for this pack, with Issue 31. In this issue we make a start on the armour plates for the upper surface of the index finger.

This will be continued in the next pack that covers Issues 32 - 36, that I am assured is on route to me.Cool

So, parts supplied in Pic 1.

Not a lot to do, but start by adding the main armour piece supplied (A20) just below the tip of the finger. Pic 2. Then fix it into place by the use of a Type 02 screw (silver) Pic 3

With the main plate secured, press the small part D07 in place over the screw. This part is not only a screw cover, it forms part of the pattern along the upper surface of the finger. Pic 4.

That`s it for this Issue and Pack Pic 5, so I will see you soon when the next pack arrives.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg