Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Rally Audi Quattro A2 Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 10 February 2024 07:52:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Another project I just started. The Rally Audi Quattro A2 from Rally World Champion Walter Röhl. In order to get this model close to the original, some changes have to be made. The first thing I did was change the additional front headlights. Removable caps for the headlights were provided and I also replaced the LEDs. Then the body, floor panel and wheel arches were completely repainted. The underbody and the wheel arches are painted in Alpine white in the original. I had now done this. The exhaust consists of several pieces and the screws make the exhaust not attractive. Here I put all the pipes together, filled them, sanded them and painted them. The cardan shaft is also just rigid and immovable. So I removed the joint and replaced it with a movable joint. So far all fastening screws have been replaced with hexagonal screws, subframe, chassis etc. The engine cost me a bit of time. Here too, the components are only static and immovable. So I converted the alternator and fitted it with a mini electric motor. All pulleys on the camshaft, crankshaft and alternator are now mounted and run freely. I have attached a YouTube link about the engine. I also helped a bit with the decals. The Audi had an HB cigarette advertisement. According to EU law, cigarette advertising is not allowed on toys, so I got them in other ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGcUBSGNUPk

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 10 February 2024 10:54:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Amazing stuff Andreas.
Many years ago my brother had a real one - not the rally version though.

I'll be watching this.Love