Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Stainless steel over braid Options
MASTER-BUILDER
#1 Posted : 21 March 2024 17:54:20

Groups: Registered

Does any one know of a stockist or supplier of Stainless Steel Over Braid to go on brake hoses
So the internal diameter must be 2.5mm
NOTE Tamiya do not do this
This is why I am asking this forum for help & assistance
Thanks
Master-Builder
John
Plymouth57
#2 Posted : 21 March 2024 22:52:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi John.

I can't help with 'actual' stainless steel braiding but during my Ferrari 312 build I was looking for something similar thinking I'd need it but in the end actually didn't!
Try looking on ebay for Mylar tubing in the fishing supplies section. The one I have here is made by A. Jensen (www.AJensenFlyFishing.com) and although it's described as 'tubing' it's actually a soft flexible string covered in a silver braiding which does look the part. To use it I think you would need to superglue the ends to prevent the braid unravelling as it's cut and to make a hole for the brake line to vanish up inside.
It comes in various sizes, Pack # FB-020291 is approx 5mm outer diameter.
Hope that helps, I never did find a 'real' version!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
mwb
#3 Posted : 21 March 2024 23:59:02

Hi John,

Give this place a look. He's in the UK and has lots of great detailing products. This product, although not stainless steel, looks much better than actual metal braided lines (to me at least). The tighter weave is more pleasing.

https://www.prime-miniat...-glass-fibre-natural-1m

Or this type in white and then paint it to your color needed. It takes paint very well. And it's hollow. Great stuff.

https://www.prime-miniat...ng-glass-fibre-white-1m

If the forum won't allow the link, do a search for 'Prime Miniatures'.

Mark