Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

1/12 Tamiya Tyrrell 003 Options
roymattblack
#1 Posted : 29 March 2024 11:48:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

All finished now.
I actually started this one just before I began on the Ligier but it got sidelined while I was bashing the awfull Heller kit into shape.

A nice, straightforward build. I added a load of plumbing and wiring at the rear of the cockpit which frustratingly can barely be seen with the engine in place.

I will say that I personally think it's one of the ugliest F1 cars of all time...LOL LOL LOL
roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1013373.JPG
P1013374.JPG
P1013375.JPG
P1013376.JPG
P1013377.JPG
Kev the Modeller
#2 Posted : 30 March 2024 15:56:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Nice job Roy, looks great, well done! I agree, it does look ugly with the later flat wedge shaped nose - kind of conflicts with the nicely curved main tub - but it looked much better with the earlier, more rounded 'dam' shaped nose?

Great build, nonetheless, well done! Cool ThumpUp

Kev

Per Ardua Ad Astra