Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages «<91011
Porsche 911 RS 1972.......Turbo conversion 1/8 Options
frah2o
#201 Posted : 22 April 2024 09:53:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Once the door sealing and roof pavilion job on the body was completed, I began assembling the macro parts on the body.

The front section with tank and front hood went up without any particular problems, my calculations with the new firewall fortunately proved correct.

I then mounted the rear hood, completing the assembly of the quick release only on the left side (the right side has no space due to the intake system)

Last step, positioning the grille and air intake on the rear bonnet.

Collection active: Lotus 97T, Audi Quattro A2, Vw Maggiolino '60

Work in progress: Porsche 911 RS Turbo

Completed model: Delta WRC Martini, Mclaren MP4/4, Golf GTI 1/8 Tuned
frah2o
#202 Posted : 22 April 2024 09:58:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Doors and front fenders are also in place. I positioned the switch map console on the tunnel and applied the last decals on the rollcage.

I have prepared the joint for the pressure tube that between plenum and the EFI ecu.

It took a while but the time has come for the marriage of platform and body.

In the various modifications I have made I have, as usual, modified the assembly sequence. The passenger compartment is no longer attached to the floor, but is attached to the body.
To prevent it from falling or changing its position, I created pads with sponge to make everything as stable as possible.

With the 911 assembled I finished the work on the air intake sysetm . Borrowing the concept of the 2.2 RSR, I reproduced with yellow sponge the gasket that is inserted in the coupling between the BMC airbox and the duct on the rear bonnet. I then put the decal on the carbon airbox.

I then moved on to the two exhausts (turbo and wastegate): usual sequence of paints, wheatering and washing. Everything assembled in its place although I noticed that a clamp is missing on the "turbo megaphone"... I'll start producing it in the next few days.

frah2o
#203 Posted : 22 April 2024 10:10:17

Ad some pics at this building point.....finally quite to the end

frah2o
#204 Posted : 23 April 2024 09:58:34

Finally the rims and tyres

Before reassembling the rims I painted the barrels with tamiya TS 100 Semi gloss gun metal....a good looking color combo as I imagined.
I first thought about color matching the single nut (which camouflages the central Allen screw) like the barrel but I didn't like it, fome me was a forced tint combo. Matt black is simply better.

With the powders I slightly highlighted the teeth of the single nut which over time become worn with the wrench used to screw and unscrew it.

frah2o
#205 Posted : 23 April 2024 10:01:54

After completing all the rims, he is finally on his tires.

There's still some way to go, but at least I'm starting to realize the final definition of its shapes..

frah2o
#206 Posted : 23 April 2024 10:13:13

I proceed with teh side quarter air intakes.

A model friends pointed out to me that the corrugated pipes that start from the side air intakes and then connect to the IC were undersized, He tell me that are similar more so than the brake cooling pipes than the air pipes for the supercharging syste,

I redesigned them and then painted them first with matt black but then I preferred a Rubber Black paint, both to remove that sense of flatness with the matt black and to detach it from the rest of the black that dominates the rear area of the interior.

While the paint was drying, I worked on the air intakes.

I had designed them with the seat for the future windows.
I self made the template and reproduced the windows with 1mm acetate sheet.
I then fixed the acetate to the intake with vinyl glue.

Once everything was ready, I assembled everything in place. I painted the internal part of the pillars inblack where the air intake was fixxed to better match everything together .

goddo
#207 Posted : 23 April 2024 12:57:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Francesco,

That build is stunning.
Massive congrats on all the work, particularly the mods, that you have made.

Chrisp
frah2o
#208 Posted : 24 April 2024 09:21:07

goddo wrote:
Hi Francesco,

That build is stunning.
Massive congrats on all the work, particularly the mods, that you have made.

Chrisp

Very and many Thanks Goddo! Blushing

frah2o
#209 Posted : 24 April 2024 09:23:16

With all the glasses in place, I was able to fit the front splitter.

After painting it black I put it in place, fixing it using Patafix without gluing it or padding the bottom.

The front emblem has been mounted and is now finally in place.

frah2o
#210 Posted : 24 April 2024 09:28:18

Mirrors, new wipers, washer jet, logo on the rear bonnet, decals, license plate and then I'll reach the end of this Porsche.

On an aesthetic level it has not undergone the enlargements of RWB, it has remained faithful to its 70s concept.

Between the ride height, rims and some small aerodynamics it has become a little more aggressive, but it was my idea not to alter its character too much.

With its flat six with the external big turbo I wanted to homage to its hyper-vitaminized sister of the RSR (which sooner or later I will start)

Some photos together with his other nationality and stance mate.

3 years ago I started with an idea that in the end I managed to complete, despite ups and downs and forced stops....in fact, even better than what I personally thought.
3D (which still needs to be learned and put into practice) helped me overcome quite a few rocks that I would hardly have been able to climb over with my bare hands.

The last details already listed are missing, some post-editing touches and then I will create his place.

Once finished I will try to take a decent photo shoot of him and I will be able to put an end to this long trip.

frah2o
#211 Posted : 02 May 2024 09:32:55

While waiting for the decals, Akira came to visit me. LOL

On cults.3d I downloaded a file and printed it for myself.
Printing was ok except I had a problem with the left hand. T
o avoid having to reprint everything with the relative waste of resin, I reprinted only the hand.

The file was made up of him and his armchair, to have the correct scale ratio (the file is given for 1:24) I looked for the real dimensions of his armchair and his armchair scaled to 1:8, I calculated the percentage increase and I enlarged Akira which was almost comfortable on the print bed of my Mars. Armchair no.

But I don't miss it, I can clearly see it resting on a pile of tyres or even positioned as in the photo.

For the painting of the figure (where I am a total no idea Blushing ) I will give it to the expert hands of a model maker friend who has golden hands.