Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<8910
Odo's Build Options
Odo
#181 Posted : 17 May 2024 11:45:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

Thanks guysSmile

Just a quick one as I got my lighting sorted for the cut-away section.

Leaving the lighting installation as an afterthought - or more like "shouldn't be too much of an issue to fit it later" - turned out to be very silly mistake...

Glueing the LEDs in place not so much, but concealing the excess wiring and preventing it from dangling down was more than a frustrating challenge.

My thought was to hide it all between the upper deck planking and a second ceiling but as it turned out, some of the supplied figures already touch the upper deck planking and lowering the ceiling would prevent me from showing the crew at allHuh

Now I'm left with the exposed wiring. I think the only option i'm left with will be to paint the wires in a light wood colour in order for them to be less obvious...

Odo attached the following image(s):
IMG_6059.jpg
IMG_6063.jpg
Odo
#182 Posted : 17 May 2024 11:48:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

I'd like to disguise the LEDs with some sort of cover to make them look more like lanterns. Anyone any ideas where to find some which I might be able to use?
IMG_6066.jpg
Odo
#183 Posted : 17 May 2024 11:50:17

Turns out a was quite careless with the deck plankingLaugh Glare
IMG_6068.jpg
Martyn Ingram
#184 Posted : 17 May 2024 13:04:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Odo wrote:
I'd like to disguise the LEDs with some sort of cover to make them look more like lanterns. Anyone any ideas where to find some which I might be able to use?

Hi odo I made some lanterns out of plastic tubes from small paint brush covers for my cross section .
Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Odo
#185 Posted : 17 May 2024 19:03:59

Martyn Ingram wrote:
Odo wrote:

Hi odo I made some lanterns out of plastic tubes from small paint brush covers for my cross section .
Rgd Martyn

Of course! That's such simple jet effective solution!!!

I initially thought of cutting slots into some brass tubes but your suggestion Martyn is so much better and easier to do. I've got a few brush covers and they are slightly opaque, just needs the lantern frame painted on LOL

Woot Woot Woot that just made my day Martyn, thanksThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

PS.: ...and that's why I love this forum!BigGrin
Martyn Ingram
#186 Posted : 17 May 2024 19:16:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin no problem m8 always willing to help
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe