Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

International Space Station Official Build - Pack 6 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 28 July 2024 22:42:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

The latest pack of the ISS has been delivered, so time for an update.

This is Pack 6 and it covers issues 21 - 26 and as you will see we have moved along the space station a bit. Cool I have taken a snip from the Official NASA schematic, so you can see where we are at for the next few issues. Pic 21 schematic.

Now on with the update for Issue 21.

So, the parts supplied.....Pic 1. You will also need the ISS on its stand as this update gets added to the main build.

Please note: around half way through this update, you may notice the picture size change. On my PC they show without scrolling, apologies if they don`t on your device, but I`m getting used to this folding phone thing that just arrived. Normal service will be resumed ASAP.LOL Flapper

Let`s start. We are building the first half of the Multipurpose Laboratory Module (MLM). Take the first parts 16A and 16B and note the difference at the ends of 16B as shown in Pic 2. Keeping the parts in the same orientation, place 16A inside 16B, Pic 3. Then fix the parts together, using 2 x AS5 screws, Pic 4.

Now take the solar panel 16C and position it into the side of part 16A, Pic 5 and fix it in place using an AS5 screw as shown in Pic 6.

For the final stage, bring in the ISS model on its stand. Take the assembly just constructed and pass the round post through the main square bar of the ISS as in Pic 7. Lastly fix the assembly to the central bar using 2 x MS4 screws, Pic 8.

That`s all for this update, Pics 9 and 10. See you soon for Issue 22. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
21 (schematic).JPG
21 (1).jpg
21 (2).jpg
21 (3).jpg
21 (4).jpg
21 (5).jpg
21 (6).jpg
21 (7).jpg
21 (8).jpg
21 (9).jpg
21 (10).jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 30 July 2024 16:53:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

Here we go with the update for Issue 22. This update will come to you in two parts A+B, because the amount of pictures required would mean to much scrolling.

There are a couple of places where I think more clarity is needed, so please read thoroughly as I take you through this update. (parts A+B).

Parts supplied.....Pic 1. In this update we construct the Lower Section of the "Multipurpose Laboratory Module" (MLM) + the "Russian Node Module". This assembly will be joined to the ISS in the next update.

We start by engaging parts 16i and 16F as shown in Pic 2, but please note the indicated points for a small amount of glue that may be needed when you add the next part. Now add part 16E as in Pic 3. Note: my parts at this point sat together without a problem. It was later on that they moved apart at the outer end, when I added other parts. Glue now/later the choice is yours, as you may not need too.

Warning: Part 16D the metal bar is the next part to fit. It may seem obvious as how to fit this bar, but there is a right and wrong way albeit not mentioned in the instructions. My part 16D has an "A" embossed on one side. To get other parts to fit afterwards, I had to have the "A" facing me when I screwed it in place, using an AS5 screw. See Pic 4.

So now for the test, add part 16G. It should fit snuggly, but mine rocked end-to-end because of the metal bar being the wrong way round. Blink Confused
If it fits, secure the part using an AS5 screw. If not flip the bar and try again. You should end up with an assembly the same as shown in Pic 5.

When you have the parts fully located add the screw cover 16H as shown in Pic 6.

That`s all for part "A" of this update, with part "B" coming soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
22A (1).jpg
22A (2).jpg
22A (3).jpg
22A (4).jpg
22A (5).jpg
22A (6).jpg

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 30 July 2024 18:45:35

Hi All, BigGrin

Here we go with part "B" of issue 22.

We will carry on from where we left off at the end of part "A", plus the remaining parts.

Take the final assembly from part "A" and add part 17A, connecting it using an AS5 screw as shown in Pic 1.

Next we have to fit parts 17C, 17E and !7F into the assembly. In Pic 2 I have labelled the parts and indicated how the cut-outs of each part should be orientated. Then with the three previous parts in place, add part 17B over them, Pic 3 and fix it in place using an AS5 screw, Pic 4. Finally for this section of the update, press part 17D in place over the screw, Pic 5.

Ok, so we are left with four small detail parts, 17G, 17H, 17i and 17J. I have added a picture to show the difference of the parts and their tags, Pic 6. So following those tags, position parts 17H, 17i and 17J as shown in Pic 7. Then, flip the assembly over and add part 17G, Pic 8.

That`s all for this update. I`ll see you soon for the next update (Issue 23) where the assembly from this update will be added to the ISS.

For those of you who are following, but not building this model a little tip to the size. The whole assembly of this issue is 6cm at its longest, that`s just under 2.5 inches in old stats.

See you again soon. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
22B (1).jpg
22B (2).jpg
22B (3).jpg
22B (4).jpg
22B (5).jpg
22B (6).jpg
22B (7).jpg
22B (8).jpg

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 01 August 2024 13:59:42

Hi All, BigGrin

Here we go with the update for issue 23, where we attach the Russian Node Module and complete the Multipurpose Laboratory Module (MLM).

Parts supplied.....Pic 1, you will also need the assembly from issue 22 and the main ISS model on its stand.

I am going to change the order a bit for this update, to save moving the main model backwards and forwards.

Gather parts 16C, 16L, 16M and the AS5 screws supplied with this issue.

Position 16M onto 16L with the ends that have a slope nearest the wide end of 16L, Pic 2. Then whilst holding the parts together, fix them using 2 x AS5 screws, Pic 3. Next fit the solar panel 16C into the previous assembly, Pic 4 and fix that using another AS5 screw, Pic 5. Your assembly should now be the same as Pic 6.

Ok, now bring in the ISS model on its base, with the Russian Node Module (RNM) from issue 22. Position the RNM and fix it in place using an MS4 screw, then rest the part 16J into its location. All shown in Pic 7. Now place the previous assembly onto the main structure and fix it in place using 2 x MS4 screws, Pic8.
The two screws just inserted are now covered with parts 16N and 16O, Pic 9. NOTE: These parts will only fit if they are placed squarely to the holes they fit in. Fiddley, but not impossible, just take care.

The last part to apply is 16K, Pic 10. NOTE: This part will only fit one way as one of the locating posts has a flat face on it. Mine was a very tight fit, so if you have a problem, removing the thin film of paint should sort it. Again take care and do not force anything.

That completes this update, Pic 11. See you soon with the next update, Issue 24.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
23 (1).jpg
23 (2).jpg
23 (3).jpg
23 (4).jpg
23 (5).jpg
23 (6).jpg
23 (7).jpg
23 (8).jpg
23 (9).jpg
23 (10).jpg
23 (11).jpg

delboy271155
#5 Posted : 03 August 2024 16:08:31

Hi All, BigGrin

Here we go with the update for Issue 24. We are still working in the area of the schematic picture I posted above in Issue 21. In this issue we will start the construction of the Service Module (SM).

Parts supplied.....Pic 1. You will also need the main ISS on its stand.

Please Note: In this and the following two issues we will be working at the extreme end of the model. There will therefore be a fair amount of weight added and you need to take care, because you will feel the model moving on the mounting posts. I`m pretty sure it won`t fall off the posts, but should you feel it move don`t suddenly grab at the model. Blink

To start this update, fit the Solar Panel 15A into the side of the Service Module (SM) 15B, Pic 2.

Now bring in the main model and add the assembly you just made, to the end bar of the model, Pic 3. Then fix it in place using 2 x MS4 screws as shown in Pic 4.

That`s it for this update, Pic 5. In issue 25 we will continue with the construction of the Service Module. See you soon. ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
24 (1).jpg
24 (2).jpg
24 (3).jpg
24 (4).jpg
24 (5).jpg

delboy271155
#6 Posted : 05 August 2024 15:22:07

Hi All, BigGrin

I`m back to the ISS for the next update, Issue 25. In this update we will build some more of the Service Module (SM), that we started in the last update.

Parts supplied.....Pic 1. You will also need the main model of the ISS.

With the main model on the table add part 15G into the end of the Service Module added in the last update, Pic 2. Then position the second half of the Service Module 15C, Pic 3 and secure it using 4 x MS4 screws as in Pic 4.

Now fit the three screw covers, 15D,E and F as shown in Pics 5, 6 and 7.

Finally, carefully press the solar panel 15A into the side of the Service Module, Pic 8.

That`s it for this update, Pic 9. Issue 26, the last in this pack will be coming soon and in this issue we will complete one end of the central section of the ISS.
Cool Cool Cool

See you then. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin

25 (1).jpg
25 (2).jpg
25 (3).jpg
25 (4).jpg
25 (5).jpg
25 (6).jpg
25 (7).jpg
25 (8).jpg
25 (9).jpg

delboy271155
#7 Posted : 08 August 2024 22:31:48

Hi All, BigGrin

Here`s the update for Issue 26, the last one for this pack. ThumpUp

In this update we add the last part of the Service Module (SM) and the Mini Research Module (MRM2). Due to the clever way this kit is assembled and the screw coverings, we will add the MRM2 first and then add the inner part of the Service Module. All will become clear soon. LOL

Parts supplied.....Pic 1. You will also need the main ISS model on its stand.

Ok, so we start with the MRM2 and parts 18C, D and E. Add parts 18D and 18E to 18C as shown in Pic 2. This assembly is then placed onto the main ISS and fixed using an AS5 screw, Pic 3. Now add the second side of the MRM2, part 18B and secure that part using an AS5 screw, Pic 4.

That`s all for the MRM2 for now, so we turn our attention to the inner section of the Service Module at the cross-point of the central bar.

Position part 15J over the cross-point of the central bar, Pic 5 and fix it from the opposite side, using an AS5 screw as in Pic 6. Then place the second end of the Service Module 15I on the other side of the cross-point and fix that with an AS5 screw in its centre, Pic 7.

That just leaves the screw covers 18A and 15H to finish this update, Pic 8.

This part of the central ISS is now complete and your model will look like that shown in Pic 9.

I`ll see you all again as soon as the next pack arrives. ThumpUp

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
26 (1).jpg
26 (2).jpg
26 (3).jpg
26 (4).jpg
26 (5).jpg
26 (6).jpg
26 (7).jpg