Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Conspicuous by my absence Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 12 October 2024 14:12:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

I think the title of this thread about says it all.

I`ve not been around for two weeks and unfortunately I wasn`t sunning it up in the Bahamas.LOL

Two weeks ago I was an emergency admission to the Leicester Royal Infirmary, with a suspected brain tumour. It now transpires that I had a brain heamorage that is still ongoing.

Having contracted pnuemonia and covid whilst in hospital, my stay was extended.

I have been home now two days having some serious R+R and getting mobile again.

Not out of the woods quite yet, as I`m waiting for a call from the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham for potential brain surgery. (Yes they did find one Flapper )

As with the last absence, Mark Warren will step into my place when I get the call.

I will be getting back into the Official Builds in the next couple of days, but its "slowly slowly catchy monkey" at the moment.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#2 Posted : 12 October 2024 15:55:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Keep well Derek.
My wife Samantha sends her best wishes too.
Martyn Ingram
#3 Posted : 12 October 2024 16:06:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Crying sorry to hear this Del get better soon mate

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
goddo
#4 Posted : 12 October 2024 17:55:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Derek,
So sorry to hear about you medical situation.
Get well soon mate and I am sure the forum will be in safe hands in the meantime with Mark at the helm.
Stay safe Derek.
Kind regards
Chris
tf64
#5 Posted : 12 October 2024 21:19:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Derek,

So sorry to hear of your medical condition Derek, that was a big shock and please try and do as they say take it easy,Mark is a top class modeller he will take the worry away from you, please keep in touch.

We all need you.
Kind Regards

Dawn & Trev.

Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Markwarren
#6 Posted : 13 October 2024 11:59:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

My wife and I, Lisa, are wishing you a speedy recovery. Just don’t push things too much, and catching Covid as well as pneumonia shows you never do anything by halves.LOL

All the best
Mark & Lisa
andali15
#7 Posted : 14 October 2024 00:17:09

I wish you a speedy recovery Derek. I was in your position in 2011 in St George’s London. All went well with me by taking things easy so do the same. Don’t worry Mark will look after things here till you get better. All the best Andy.