Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Running/Starting problems Options
GilShapley
#1 Posted : 30 August 2023 16:30:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Help from you RC experts please.
My tank suddenly stopped working. A test on the battery showed it was not fully charging so I have replaced it with an identical one, arrived fully charged.
I have also replaced the batteries in the controller.
The Tank now starts and the red light on the controller is constant. The Tank starts up; I can hear the motor sound effects.
This is where the problems start.
When I use the controller to move the Tank, it starts to move then dies. I have noticed that there are only two of the red lights showing on the rear of the tank. Any help, ideas will be welcome

Current Build:-
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
GilShapley
#2 Posted : 19 October 2024 16:04:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well its been a while, the T72 has been in "cold Storage". Decided, notwithstanding the previous issues, to charge up the battery and give it a go.

Switched on the remote (new batteries installed) Red light flashing

Switched on the Tank. Pressed the start button and engine noises started. Turret will turn, machine gun noises heard. Tracks go round.
barrel moves up and down

So far so good.

Fired to main gun, one shot and the engine cuts out. Pressing the engine start button and repeat. The tracks will move both forward and back but each time I fire the gun the tank cuts out.

Any ideas from you military modellers.

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
[color=blue]Stash Avro Lancaster (Full Kit)plus some extra issues I picked up at a good price
[color=blue]Built:- Norman Catapult by Mantua,Roman Catapult by Mantua,HMS Victory,HMS Victory XSection,Focker DB1,Bismark,English Carronade Titanic Lifeboat,American Civil War Gatling,Hummer,Sopwith Camel F1,Occre Jupiter ,OcCre Wagon, Latina Arab Dhow, Eaglemass Orrery OcCre Rogers 119 [color=red][color=red]RB7,OcCre Missippi River Boat, Model Airways Fokker DR1
OcCre London L>C>C 106 Ugears Scrambler, Ugears Hexapod Explorer UGears Off-Road Vehicle
delboy271155
#3 Posted : 19 October 2024 16:17:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Gil, Blink

Now I`m no expert on this model or any other RC tank come to that, but my electro-mechanical knowledge says that the Gun is pulling to much power to allow the engine/tracks to keep running.

If memory serves me right, the gun has a recoil motion in it? If that is the case it could be that the mechanism is stiff and therefore using more power than normal to operate.

I am assuming that the engine and tracks work ok together and that it`s only the gun that causes an issue.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek) Admin
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

GilShapley
#4 Posted : 19 October 2024 16:38:26

Yes, The tracks will turn and the tank runs both forward and reverse, the turret turns, the machine gun "fires" but one shot from the main gun and I need to restart.

Looks like a partial dismantle might be the answer, I'll try a complete recharge of the main battery 1st. (Process of elimination)

Wish me luck

Gil