Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Catman's San Francisco 2 Options
magpie1832
#41 Posted : 04 October 2011 15:15:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looks Awesome mate,
Don't worry mate, Ratlines are fun. Mine took me an age for the first time but once you get in a rhythm you can do one set in an evening.

Chris...

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

catman275
#42 Posted : 16 October 2011 20:13:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi All,
I hope you are all well, studying the modeling magazines and dropping hints for your Christmas presents.BigGrin
It will be here before we know it.

I have just finished the lower rigging, and now making up the top masts and yards also there are some more holes to drill for the belaying pins.
cheers Peter
File Attachment(s):
resize 4.jpg (273kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
resize 7.jpg (287kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
catman275 attached the following image(s):
resize 1.jpg
resize 2.jpg
resize 3.jpg
resize 6.jpg
completed..... Endeavour Longboat, San Francisco 2, Virginia 1819

building Royal Caroline

catman275
#43 Posted : 27 November 2011 23:44:53

Hi All,
I am being delayed on my model by the bane of all modellers.... DECORATINGCursing Cursing .... I am slowly finishing off the upper masts and rigging and will put up some pics when I have the standing rigging finished.
You Victory boys are doing a fine job with your models.
Good luck

Peter

building Royal Caroline

MWG
#44 Posted : 28 November 2011 00:14:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Lovely build Peter.BigGrin Cool
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

jonny7england
#45 Posted : 28 November 2011 09:51:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A really beautiful build that Peter...Nice one!! ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Hans
#46 Posted : 28 November 2011 10:52:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Peter
I am not doing the San Fracisco myself, but she is looking awesome. She's a real credit to your building capabilites. Keep up the brilliant work and the pics coming.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
catman275
#47 Posted : 28 November 2011 13:39:36

Thanks for the comments crew.
Good fortune to all.
Peter

building Royal Caroline

catman275
#48 Posted : 14 March 2012 16:00:32

Hi all,
just a quick one.
I have been a bit busy with decorating and the boat building quietly slipped to one side. However I am now working on the sails and running rigging and correcting some earlier mistakes which I had made.

To any one working on this build I recommend reading all the instructions and plans very carefully.
As an example:- in between tieing the ratlines (extremely tedious) I shaped the yards and then fitted the blocks to them.
I later realised that on some of the smaller blocks there was a need for a small loop to start some of the running rigging.
That I had not done so It was a redo job.

It is shown on the rigging plan but not on the plan where you attach the blocks to the yards

Any way worse things happen at sea.
I will post some pics when I get some more rigging done.
cheers to all

Peter

building Royal Caroline

saintsman123
#49 Posted : 14 March 2012 16:38:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

nice to see you back, now that i have finally got my rigging blocks i am looking forward to getting going on mine again. i have been looking at the rigging plans, and using the experience on victory's rigging, so hope i can get it sorted out.
Come on you Jimmies
MWG
#50 Posted : 14 March 2012 19:57:34

Hi catman nice to see you are backBigGrin Ask admin to move your build on to the dedicated San fran 2 siteBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

catman275
#51 Posted : 19 March 2012 20:32:45

Hi All,
I have just uploaded a few picture of my SF.
I have finished rigging the foremast and the spritsail (I think) and am now starting on the mainsail.
The ends of the rigging lines haven't been tied off yet. I will leave that until the end when I can balance them all up. Also I will have to loop the ends off someway to give it a more realistic appearence.
cheers Peter
catman275 attached the following image(s):
new1.jpg
new2.jpg
new3.jpg
new4.jpg
new5.jpg
new6.jpg

building Royal Caroline

MWG
#52 Posted : 19 March 2012 20:38:45

Nice work PeterBigGrin keep up the good workBigGrin Regards Mike

saintsman123
#53 Posted : 19 March 2012 21:28:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

greatwork peter.BigGrin

as far as making loops goes, you can either do them as you plan (i think), or you can tie off the ends of your rigging on the pins and snip off the loose ends. then you can make a coil off the ship and place that over the tops of the pins, it can look effective.
Come on you Jimmies