Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New Build's to start soon! Options
Senna94
#1 Posted : 04 October 2011 14:26:13

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

So I sub'd to the MP4-23 Mag back in March, and although I havn't really started with it properly yet, I have got the modelling bug pretty bad!!
I want to make my MP4-23 as good as physically possible, so with no modelling experience A few builds were in order before taking on the big challenge.
So ... I've been shopping around, looking out for my favourite cars, and this is the first set of cars I've bought which Ill soon be starting....

First bought - whilst taking the Grandparents round Skegness was this ...

Revell DTM Mercedes driven by Gary Paffett - I was lucky enough to meet him at the F1 2011 preview day which I won a comp to go to, and he's a top fella. Looking forward to this as I've been watching the DTM circuit for a while now!.

Next up ...

Revell 2 Pack of MP4-25's - JB and Hamilton's. I'm a McLaren fan, as more kits I've bought are revealed, it'll become more apparent!!

Just arrived this morning....

Tamiya McLaren MP4/7 Honda. I'm a Massive Senna fan, so I plan on building as many of his cars as possible. It came without the Marlboro Decals which Ill purchase of ebay and build it with them. After all, Marlboro was a big sponsor for McLaren back then, and no, its advertisements never got me to smoke, I to this havn't even took a drag... so the only reason why Ill be adding these decals is for authenticity.

I've also bought this ....

Something I've wanting to build since I was about 4, but never got round to it. This will be a treasure!

And this is what I'll be tackling them with ...

Few new additions to the tool box recently - Airbrush and compressor, Tamiya's Compound polish, and some Zero and Alclad paints. Can't wait to get started!

Keep checking back as there's more in the pipeline!! BigGrin

And guys, if you have any kits in the loft, or not started yet, or started, or just the ones you HAVE to build, post them!!
Building the McLaren MP4-23
MWG
#2 Posted : 04 October 2011 17:38:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice products, good stuffCool BigGrin
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

redmaestro
#3 Posted : 04 October 2011 17:50:53

Very nice, I've got the McLaren F1 set and have just posted a pic up on the next thread. Some of the decals were tricky but good fun!

Enjoy the build!!
Senna94
#4 Posted : 07 October 2011 02:56:05

Cheers guys,

Yeah I have a few which I MUST build, and I've got another kit which I'm over the moon about getting! Will post pics later!

Im going to start on the DTM car, I have 3 weeks off after next week so I'll crack on then!!

Your McLaren build is brilliant redmaestro!

Sure it was good fun! cant wait to start!
Skiddy
#5 Posted : 22 October 2011 20:49:18

Senna94 wrote:
So I sub'd to the MP4-23 Mag back in March, and although I havn't really started with it properly yet, I have got the modelling bug pretty bad!!
I want to make my MP4-23 as good as physically possible, so with no modelling experience A few builds were in order before taking on the big challenge.
So ... I've been shopping around, looking out for my favourite cars, and this is the first set of cars I've bought which Ill soon be starting....

First bought - whilst taking the Grandparents round Skegness was this ...

Revell DTM Mercedes driven by Gary Paffett - I was lucky enough to meet him at the F1 2011 preview day which I won a comp to go to, and he's a top fella. Looking forward to this as I've been watching the DTM circuit for a while now!.

Next up ...

Revell 2 Pack of MP4-25's - JB and Hamilton's. I'm a McLaren fan, as more kits I've bought are revealed, it'll become more apparent!!

Just arrived this morning....

Tamiya McLaren MP4/7 Honda. I'm a Massive Senna fan, so I plan on building as many of his cars as possible. It came without the Marlboro Decals which Ill purchase of ebay and build it with them. After all, Marlboro was a big sponsor for McLaren back then, and no, its advertisements never got me to smoke, I to this havn't even took a drag... so the only reason why Ill be adding these decals is for authenticity.

I've also bought this ....

Something I've wanting to build since I was about 4, but never got round to it. This will be a treasure!

And this is what I'll be tackling them with ...

Few new additions to the tool box recently - Airbrush and compressor, Tamiya's Compound polish, and some Zero and Alclad paints. Can't wait to get started!

Keep checking back as there's more in the pipeline!! BigGrin

And guys, if you have any kits in the loft, or not started yet, or started, or just the ones you HAVE to build, post them!!

Met Paffet at Rye House kart circuit back in the late 90's just after I had taken the test for my race licence.
He was behind me ( both on 125's ) just got to a hairpin and my brake cable snapped....straight on into the roughstuff. Always thought he must've scared me off the cicuit Crying
jameelassan
#6 Posted : 09 November 2011 03:05:59

Groups:

nice buys and good luck on ur modelCool Cool
Senna94
#7 Posted : 05 December 2011 23:43:22

Cheers Guys for the comments! The next one is most certainly one of my prize possessions at the minute! Worked hard and spent high to get this baby, but worth every penny, and I'm sure it will look it when finished!!

McLaren Mp4/6 1:12 scale - Going to take a good amount of time on this! Already sourced various bits of ref material for this including the Formula Perfect Manual. Now trying to find a Perfect Parts set for this!! Anyone know of it anywhere??!

The next is whats gonna be a Senna Donnington Replica - Wet tyres and full Tobacco livery, Got to say I'm excited about this one!

McLaren Mp4/8 1:20 scale - Ive bought a Senna figure waving a flag out of the cockpit for this one, Will post pics of the figure when it arrives!

And the last one for the time being is this little beauty!

McLaren Mp4/5b 1:20 Scale - I wont even start with this one!

As you can more than likely tell, I love the old McLaren/Marlboro livery, but also the cars, they are so iconic to me.

Looking for a few other projects to keep on the side too... I run a 1:10 scale Nitro RC car, so thinking about getting a couple of new shells and painting them - One being Ken Blocks Gymkhana Scooby and a Mercedes C Class DTM car - Probably in Paffetts livery, or maybe Di Resta', not sure yet!

Finishing work on Wed's for 9 Days so cracking on with the 1:24 Merc DTM Paffett!!

Will start a diary on that one!
MWG
#8 Posted : 06 December 2011 00:00:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great cars,I love your enthusiasm, enjoy the builds, I look forward to seeing the PhotosBigGrin Cool
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

kryten2b
#9 Posted : 06 December 2011 07:54:14

I'm with Mike on this one, looking forward to seeing the McLaren build diaries Drool
Well spin my nipple-nuts & send me to Alaska

Current Builds:
McLaren MP4-23Finished
007's Aston Martin DB5Finished
Millennium Falcon
R2-D2
BTTF Delorean (Maybe)
SennaMentalMe
#10 Posted : 07 December 2011 10:58:25

Groups:

BigGrin Good stuff Danny, some nice models there and I think you are going to have a busy winter !! The 'Perfect Parts' sets are very good, I used to have the Chassis/Engine one for the 1/12 Mac, but they are getting as rare as hen's teeth and quite expensive now, so I wish you luck in getting them. Apart from the set I've just mentioned, they also did a Brake Upgrade set as well, in case you weren't aware ?? Look forward to seeing the finished builds. BigGrin ThumpUp

BigGrin Kev
Senna94
#11 Posted : 07 December 2011 20:55:46

SennaMentalMe wrote:
BigGrin Good stuff Danny, some nice models there and I think you are going to have a busy winter !! The 'Perfect Parts' sets are very good, I used to have the Chassis/Engine one for the 1/12 Mac, but they are getting as rare as hen's teeth and quite expensive now, so I wish you luck in getting them. Apart from the set I've just mentioned, they also did a Brake Upgrade set as well, in case you weren't aware ?? Look forward to seeing the finished builds. BigGrin ThumpUp

BigGrin Kev

Cheers for the comments guys... Im starting the Mercedes DTM model tomorrow, so I'll start a diary. Looking forward to it!

Kev - Your right, busy winter is in order!! Trying to fit it in with work over christmas is going to be hard!! Working christmas day, plus side is, I wouldnt have done any modelling that day anyway!!

Your too right about the perfect parts sets, did you sell your set? I wouldnt blame you if you did!! I'm using a build diary of a fella from the states as a reference point, he won a comp in the US and was flown to Japan to display his work at a major model show. All expenses paid for by Tamiya, so decent standard! He used the Perfect parts kits, hoping I find one!

Link - http://members.shaw.ca/b...y/Formula_One/index.htm

Thanks again for your comments guys! I'll try not to disappoint!

Danny
Yeti-Man
#12 Posted : 07 December 2011 21:40:07

OMG !!!!! thats amazing ... thought it was real ... where can i get a kit that does that lol
SennaMentalMe
#13 Posted : 07 December 2011 23:01:26

Groups:

Senna94 wrote:
SennaMentalMe wrote:

BigGrin Kev

Cheers for the comments guys... Im starting the Mercedes DTM model tomorrow, so I'll start a diary. Looking forward to it!

Kev - Your right, busy winter is in order!! Trying to fit it in with work over christmas is going to be hard!! Working christmas day, plus side is, I wouldnt have done any modelling that day anyway!!

Your too right about the perfect parts sets, did you sell your set? I wouldnt blame you if you did!! I'm using a build diary of a fella from the states as a reference point, he won a comp in the US and was flown to Japan to display his work at a major model show. All expenses paid for by Tamiya, so decent standard! He used the Perfect parts kits, hoping I find one!

Link - http://members.shaw.ca/b...y/Formula_One/index.htm

Thanks again for your comments guys! I'll try not to disappoint!

Danny

BigGrin Hi Danny,

Yeah, it broke my heart but I had to sell it along with the Tamiya 1/12 MP4/6 AND I also had a really top quality resin figure of Senna that I had imported from the States, superb likeness, not the normal rubbish you see !! I suffered some severe financial hardship a few years ago (getting better now) and with a young family at the time, I had to make some sacrifices that hurt very much and that was one of them. As a consolation though I paid £70 for the Perfect Parts Set when there was only a handful of new ones left on the market and sold that alone for £180 on ebay, so not all bad I suppose and it fed the family for a few days !! Still wish I didn't have to sell it though as Senna is my hero and I really wanted to build that. Never mind, if I ever have enough money and find one again, I will have it !! If I find the link to the guy in the States who makes the Senna figures, besides others, I will post it up for you.

Awesome build by the builder of the Mac in your link, it don't get very much better than that does it ??

BigGrin Kev
Senna94
#14 Posted : 09 December 2011 20:39:57

Thanks again guys - Another update

Just arrived from Belgium - Bestbalsakits.com -

Which is gonna be used in the MP4/8 Donington replica, which is suppose to resemble this picture -

http://images2.wikia.noc...a1/images/3/36/1857.jpg

Also in the same package - a full set of PE parts for all the MP4's apart from the MP4/6 1:12 scale, MP4/4 Cockpit detail kit, MP4 antenna, 1:20 Senna figure decals and 1:12 Senna figure decals.

Really looking forward to getting onto the MP4's, will look great when built!!

SennaMentalMe
#15 Posted : 09 December 2011 21:06:46

Groups:

BigGrin You're REALLY keen on McLarens then Danny ?? LOL LOL

Don't blame you though, as they are the best team ever to race in Formula One, but then I am biased, Ha Ha !! Just don't let the wife know how much your spending otherwise she might cut your pocket money to zero !! Good stuff though mate, some nice purchases and I look forward to seeing the results ??

BigGrin Kev
Senna94
#16 Posted : 09 December 2011 21:20:57

SennaMentalMe wrote:
BigGrin You're REALLY keen on McLarens then Danny ?? LOL LOL

Don't blame you though, as they are the best team ever to race in Formula One, but then I am biased, Ha Ha !! Just don't let the wife know how much your spending otherwise she might cut your pocket money to zero !! Good stuff though mate, some nice purchases and I look forward to seeing the results ??

BigGrin Kev

Ah Shes only a girlfriend, so my money, is my money! haha!

Yes., McLarens are definately my team!!