Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Yeti Build Picture Build Options
Yeti-Man
#1 Posted : 15 December 2011 21:29:28

Groups: Registered

Hi

After some prodding from the GF about maybe sharing my build with people, Ive took the plunge to share. Ive got no back ground in model making at all this is my very first model kit .... Was just going to build a standard build. But after being inspired by Wartys build, I took the plunge and got my first carbon decal some 3 months ago. Its take me some time to get to where I am, but its prolonging the build no end, and I'm enjoying every bit,even when it goes wrong,and boy I've had a few issue. Pictures are uploading and wil be ready to share. I'm only posting pictures it's not in any order its just as & when I get time. Thought I'd share a little about me.

Live a very busy life running a 24hr breakdown company, have 2 kids and live right next to Cannock Chase Forest, thats where I spend most my time mountain bike and hurling my self down trails as fast as possible with my dog Jenson lol, I'm a fittness freak to the max but the girl friend thought i needed to be home more , hence why she brought me this model lol.

So take a look I'll take any comments good or bad, Can't get offended as I know no better lol ...
Yeti-Man
#2 Posted : 15 December 2011 21:33:19

Yeti-Man
#3 Posted : 15 December 2011 21:37:52

Yeti-Man
#4 Posted : 15 December 2011 21:44:50

Jacksmclaren
#5 Posted : 15 December 2011 21:45:03

Welcome Yeti Man,

Good see your pictures of your progress, and well done for getting stuck into it.
38 weeks down the road and each weeks components are every bit exciting to receive as the first.

Thanks for the quick profile. I'm a keen cyclist as well, but road racing is my game. It's starting to get a bit cold and slippery these days, but I'm hoping to keep at it through winter... as usual. You have to be keen to ride in winter. I've never tried mountain biking, probably beause I see the aftermath of some friends "weekend of fun". Yeah right!

Anyway, welcome on board and look forward to seeing some more photo's soon.
MWG
#6 Posted : 15 December 2011 21:51:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

A big warm welcome to the MS Forum YM, your build is fantastic keep up the good workBigGrin Cool
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Yeti-Man
#7 Posted : 15 December 2011 21:52:45

Thanks Jacksmclaren, started road riding but need the buzz of near death lol, been all over the uk, and europe done some amazing mountian biking, not long been to Morzine & Les Gets for a week but at my age its starting to take its toll lol. thanks for the reply tho always keen to speak to a fellow rider
Yeti-Man
#8 Posted : 15 December 2011 21:56:53

MWG thanks for the comments, was very nervous in posting my virgin model, Its not perfect but appricate good or bad :)
Jacksmclaren
#9 Posted : 15 December 2011 22:19:31

Yeti man, know what you mean about being nervous to post your pictures. But everyone on this forum is really supportive and I'm sure that it's going to make your project more interesting being a part of it.

Your carbon details look quite impressive and good on you for taking it on. I thought about doing modifications such as carbon decals, but after some good advice from the forum, and a reality check that bought me back to reminding myself that this is my first build, I decided to give it a miss. But yours is the most carbon I've seen so far so for that I don't have any valuable comments other than well done.

Is that as far as you think you will go with the cutomisation or do you have other things in mind?
Yeti-Man
#10 Posted : 16 December 2011 00:27:34

Yeah was thinking of doing the every part of the model, but not sure, ive struggled with some of the other parts, the front wing although looked easy is turning out to be quite tricky, Ive had to Purchase few issues again due to mistakes. Not sure how the rest of the model will look with caron detail all over ??? so if anyones got any thoughts i'd be glad to here them. Was kinda hoping warty might have more pictures to see what it might look like if i take on doing the entire car
Yeti-Man
#11 Posted : 16 December 2011 00:29:20

Yeah was thinking of doing the every part of the model, but not sure, ive struggled with some of the other parts, the front wing although looked easy is turning out to be quite tricky, Ive had to Purchase few issues again due to mistakes. Not sure how the rest of the model will look with caron detail all over ??? so if anyones got any thoughts i'd be glad to here them. Was kinda hoping warty might have more pictures to see what it might look like if i take on doing the entire car
SennaMentalMe
#12 Posted : 16 December 2011 11:24:56

Groups:

BigGrin Hi Yeti-Man,

Considering this is your first attempt at modelling, I think you have done a stirling job with it, well done to you !! ThumpUp

Regards the idea of doing the whole car in CF, I think it might look a bit OTT and would be much better just doing a few choice areas in a subtle kind of approach if you want to carry on with the CF, but bear in mind that is just MY opinion. Although I can do the CF stuff I prefer to leave the parts that are painted black as is, like the suspension arms, etc, as to be honest, if you looked at the real thing they would appear black from even a short distance away and would only show the carbon weave if you got right up close to it, so having lots of CF everywhere might look a little odd on a model - depends what you are happy with and what you want to achieve ?? Far better to add detail like extra wiring, changing the colour of some parts to what they should be, as in gunmetal instead of silver exhausts, that kind of thing ??

BigGrin Kev
schueyking
#13 Posted : 18 December 2011 13:23:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin That is a SWEET build! Well done indeed!Love

ChrisBigGrin
Yeti-Man
#14 Posted : 18 December 2011 19:38:20

cheers guys , welcome your comments. Any one else doing the carbon effect I'm not sure now what I should or shouldnt carbon was hoping others might have some Ideas.
S2ksean
#15 Posted : 18 December 2011 21:17:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I so wished I had done this it's awsome
CURRENT BUILDS

Mclaren MP4-23
Ford 1/12 Shelby Mustang GT500 2010
HMS Pandora
Skiddy
#16 Posted : 22 December 2011 21:28:13

Looks great there bud !
Have to agree with Kev on how much cf.
Did toy with the idea of doing some but decided to keep mine plain. If you want to see the real deal check out Wartys build mega cf build.