Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

could I make a suggestion?. Options
karl1113
#1 Posted : 31 January 2012 15:55:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

the suggestion I would like to make is,all us builders of......whatever? put up our diarys at the same time as pics,this sounds very easy but,what annoys me is I look for abuild of say a tank,and what do I get? 3 pages of talk and no tank?????how is that a diary?all that talk should, I think go to the general discussion page of that model.I'm not saying don't make comments,I just think some diarys are started too early.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
saintsman123
#2 Posted : 31 January 2012 16:52:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

well said karl,

i like to look at peoples diaries to see their fine workmanship, and to find out if they have had the same problems as me, and if so, how they have resolved them. i agree that a build diary should be a diary of a build, not umpteen pages of what they might do or not do, with another umpteen pages of speculation of the future parts may hold.

i only update my own victory diary when i have completed a goodly amount of work, but i do enjoy others who take us through their build step by step.

of course members should leave kind comments, i'm sure you agree karl, that is fine, but like you, i get fed up of all words and no pictures
Come on you Jimmies