Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Yamato books and dvd,s Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 16 May 2012 22:15:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi All
found these on Amazon a book 'Yamato Class Battleships'by steve wiper and a couple of dvd,s the one i got was 'secrets of the battleship Yamato' the other is a special edition version of a film might get this next month
regards
AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
51zlr-wsHnL__SL500_AA300_yamato class batleships.jpg
51ce-7iTqfL__SL500_AA300_batleship UYamATO.jpg
51O0WH2eINLDVD YAMATO.jpg
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Tomick
#2 Posted : 17 May 2012 09:53:17

Groups:

Hi Andy,

You'll find the ModelArt 1/10 Yamato book about the best there is, which crammed full of colour photos of the 1/10 Kure museum model. The text is Japanese but the photos and drawings speak for themselves.

Its not a cheap book and generally only found via Japan/USA, but personally I think its money well spent and is the best there is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...&hash=item1e6df0f697
Tomick attached the following image(s):
ModelArt Yamato.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#3 Posted : 17 May 2012 13:27:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy and Mr.T!
Thank you for sharing, Andy.Laugh Thank you for introducing Japanese book, Mr.T.LOL
I am very interested in English materials, however it is difficult for me to read English books and watching English videos.Crying
So far the YAMATO had a lot of mysteries, because she was the top secret and additionally sunken during WarII as being top secret. I want to know how they write about the mysteries of the YAMATO in those books and videos..
Best Regards,
Yutaro

DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Yutaro HONMA
#4 Posted : 17 May 2012 16:36:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

HI shipmates!
I guess that you feel Japanese language as a code. I try translating the sentence that was written in the red area of the picture attached by Mr.T.

"The battle ship YAMATO, whose 46cm main guns were the greatest and ever strongest in the history, was built at Kure naval dockyard in Hiroshima prefecture. She let the Imperial Japanese navy maintain the prestige.
The brave figure is reproduced on 1/10 scale."

Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
code.JPG
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 17 May 2012 20:12:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Thanks for the translation Yaturo-sanCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .