Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bridge Template Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 27 December 2011 12:53:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Angry downloaded the template it says print at 100% it either comes out too small or to big [ im using HP Deskjet F4280 all in one] so right now this template is as usefull as choclate tea pot. Any sugestions on how to get the right size would be apreciated
Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

budgie
#2 Posted : 27 December 2011 17:10:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi i believe the pdf file downloaded is american size 8 1/2" by 11"

your printer will probably be set for A4 which is slightly smaller

if u go to file, print, advanced and tick print as image see if thats better
could also try ticking "no scaling" as might be set for "set to shrinkable area" or words to that effect
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 27 December 2011 17:43:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Budgie
and thanks for the reply/advise having tried nearly all you sugest [didnt think about the american resizingBlink ] i spent the afternoon resizing the Cursing thing on my pc. i think i got it right now, il be posting pics in my diary tomorrow. I just hope the full size plans are sent as part of the subscription and not a download as i can see problems there aswell
regards
Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

brian furnell
#4 Posted : 04 July 2012 21:38:25

Hi
I am having the same problem with printing out the template. It would be easier if I knew how big it is meant to be. Just the overall height would help.
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 04 July 2012 22:11:22

BigGrin Hi Brian
this is how i did it,i measured on the bridge from the flag deck to ladder deck position no2[ the deck thats between the double rangefinders on port and starboard]its 20/21mm i think from memory. i then used picture resising software till i got the template to match the measurment i had, abit long winded to do but it worked for me.
Also il mention the templates downloaded for the rear boat decks same problem again printed out at wrong size but deag kindly sent me some that they had printed out and that did the trick [ please feel free to look at my build diary for a handy tip with an iron when you get to this stage].
One other thing to mention you will get downloads of both side elevations of the hull and the hull shaping templates[two are missing on the download by the way]but if your in no hurry all are sent as hard copys about 2/3 months after the download. Hope this helps and how about a few pics of your build
regards
AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
P7040714.JPG