Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

A little something to practice on Options
nwexplorer
#1 Posted : 17 April 2010 12:38:06

Groups: Registered

With the Victory being such a large project and not having done a plank on frame build for about 20 years i thought i would get a smaller ship to have a go at.Chose the caldercraft mortar boat,Cornwall model boats delivered in 2 days.

Anyone built this? any tips?
Horatio's Eyepatch
#2 Posted : 17 April 2010 13:59:01

Ensure you have acess to a beer fridge. Flapper
nwexplorer
#3 Posted : 17 April 2010 14:00:09

Horatio's Eyepatch wrote:
Ensure you have acess to a beer fridge. Flapper

Done and Done LOL LOL LOL HIC!!!
Horatio's Eyepatch
#4 Posted : 17 April 2010 14:02:49

Hehe! I'm building HM Yacht Chatham in between Victory issues and practising the dark art of planking this weekend!! And the beer fridge is well stocked. Laugh
Mac
#5 Posted : 17 April 2010 15:59:11

Hi Nwexplorer

I'm building HM Mortar Vessel Convulsion. I intend to atempt to do the first planking this weekend and will post the pics on my build diary warts and all!lol
Pam's shipyard is closed for now no more room!

nwexplorer
#6 Posted : 17 April 2010 18:20:39

Thanks look forward to seeing it.
dedworthdog
#7 Posted : 17 April 2010 18:56:43

I decided to build HMS Endeavour's Longboat from model space, sent to me in three issues. Today I received the first post, which was the 2nd part. not happy Mad !!!!!! So Monday PM I suppose I will be talking to customer services.
Follow my build to learn how to make firewood

dedworthdog
#8 Posted : 21 April 2010 17:56:28

dedworthdog wrote:
I decided to build HMS Endeavour's Longboat from model space, sent to me in three issues. Today I received the first post, which was the 2nd part. not happy Mad !!!!!! So Monday PM I suppose I will be talking to customer services.

The answer is that part one is out of stock and on back order and I MIGHT receive that next month. When I ordered it it was shown as in stock shame on model space

Kan
#9 Posted : 21 April 2010 23:47:33

I had the same idea as you dedworth I ordered the HMS Endeavour's Longboat but ordered it all at once still havent got it, phoned the customer support line and was told it will be here by Friday Angry. I'm really starting to worry about DeAgostini as a reliable company.
Horatio's Eyepatch
#10 Posted : 22 April 2010 14:41:00

It may be that the Company underestimated incidental interest. The fact that the take-up for Victory has to be considered a success in marketting terms ( the testament to this is over 300 registered members on this forum plus that again as regular guests), is a captive market for one-stop-shopping for tools / other kits etc. My guess is that they didn't expect the ramp-up of orders in those arenas.
dedworthdog
#11 Posted : 22 April 2010 16:54:09

Thats a very good point

admin
#12 Posted : 26 April 2010 16:31:09

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Kan wrote:
I had the same idea as you dedworth I ordered the HMS Endeavour's Longboat but ordered it all at once still havent got it, phoned the customer support line and was told it will be here by Friday Angry. I'm really starting to worry about DeAgostini as a reliable company.

Hi Kan

Have you received this yet, I'll follow up with Customer Services for you if not.

Admin
Kan
#13 Posted : 26 April 2010 17:34:21

Nope still nothing its getting to be a bit of a joke Mad

Thanks for any help
dtgray
#14 Posted : 26 April 2010 19:43:59

Kan and dedworthdog,

I've been thinking of getting the Endeavour Longboat too, to practice planking etc. So I'm interested in how you get on with the problems you are having receiving it before I place an order, so please keep us/me posted. Cheers.
Regards,

David

karl1113
#15 Posted : 02 May 2010 19:35:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I understand your fears as I to have ordered titanics longboat,complete. not only have they taken my £50.00 on the 13/04/10. but I've heard nothing since, they don't
answer e-mails, admin have ignored me, and everything you order is 14 - 28 days if in stock, if not in stock they won't tell yiu anyway, just deliver when they get it.
I can see serious issue building up here, and I feel that the lack of professional expertees is sadly lacking,I have been ignored for three weeks, and would strongly recommend do not purchase models from them. I.m sticking my neck out here but I'm so fed up with their lack of interest or is it that they have so many complaints they hav'nt got round to me yet?????
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
ccarlos
#16 Posted : 02 May 2010 20:06:41

everyone seems to be going to my 1st project! hehe...
still have to finish it though, currently waiting for some bits and bobs i have ordered extra, to go ahead and finish it!

once that is done, what i have planed to do will be a RC BIG and FAST piece of floating wood. again, not an expert, so it will be a plan to keep my eyes on.

a way to do it, and due to the RC parts was to order a build one, that costed me £50, take out all the mechanics and electronics and fit in the scratch build...if you consider id have to buy remote, the transmiter, receiver, motors, shafts, props, bla, bla, bla...it is much cheaper like this and can also use the other to get some ideas on how to build a hull for such a type!....

carlos
on the bench
Endeavour Long Boat - awaiting paint delivery and some power tools to hit the next stage.
HMS Victory - Same situation has everyone else, grumpy till the next issue gets delivered!

Carlos Carlos