Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Cases. Options
court orchard
#1 Posted : 06 September 2012 14:52:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a supplier of display cases for Model Boats, or possibly some tips for a home build. I live in a very old dusty house and I really must case up my 'Endeavour' before I start making more dust with 'SOTS'.

Regards,
Andy
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
Tomick
#2 Posted : 06 September 2012 15:09:46

Groups:

philjaps1
#3 Posted : 06 September 2012 15:30:56

Groups:

Hi,

I got one from these guys a while ago

http://modeldisplaycases.co.uk/plist4.html

Cheers Phil,
Silent_Running
#4 Posted : 06 September 2012 15:37:07

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just a thought Mr T, but couldn't DeAgostini provide cases for members as part of the series in the same way that the bases for HMS Victory have been supplied. For subscription customers it could be included as part of your subscription with the option to opt out of course.

And for members who get their model part works through the news agents a slip could be included for ordering the case and or the model stand or both.

I know that if I had the option to buy both with every part work I would. It would make life a lot easier for everyone I'm sure. It would be a winner, I mean if you want proof, look at the level of interest shown in the stand for HMS Victory. Just a thought. BigGrin

Regards

Cases of that size can be very expensive, but I'll put your request forward.
philjaps1
#5 Posted : 06 September 2012 18:53:02

Groups:

Silent_Running wrote:
Just a thought Mr T, but couldn't DeAgostini provide cases for members as part of the series in the same way that the bases for HMS Victory have been supplied. For subscription customers it could be included as part of your subscription with the option to opt out of course.

And for members who get their model part works through the news agents a slip could be included for ordering the case and or the model stand or both.

I know that if I had the option to buy both with every part work I would. It would make life a lot easier for everyone I'm sure. It would be a winner, I mean if you want proof, look at the level of interest shown in the stand for HMS Victory. Just a thought. BigGrin

Regards

Great suggestion mate

ThumpUpThumpUpThumpUp
court orchard
#6 Posted : 06 September 2012 19:34:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I agree as well, finding a good case and a good looking stand is always tricky (with a nice name plaque as well). You could be sure it would all be the right size too. Another great opportunity for DeAg to persuade us to part with more cash. Might send the D.Mail into meltdown thoughBigGrin.

Thanks everybody for the other links.

Andy
Andy

Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
Bazas
#7 Posted : 06 September 2012 20:20:08

I have always made my own cases for my plastic kits and I intend to for this one. I think I might try to find a good table and build my case on to that, still I got 2 years to think about and design a good case, Lol.

Baz
Tomick
#8 Posted : 06 September 2012 21:22:09

Groups:

Silent_Running wrote:

Regards

Hi Glenn,

Silent_Running
#9 Posted : 06 September 2012 21:30:12

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mr T,

Thanks for at looking at this, it's very much appreciated. If it was very expensive, maybe the cost could be divided into monthly payments to spread the cost. BigGrin

Kind regards
rossi
#10 Posted : 10 September 2012 20:34:02

Do we have any idea the size case needed.?It would be handy to know as I can then send my wife back to work to pay for it in plenty of timeBigGrin
mark 2
#11 Posted : 10 September 2012 20:46:40

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Rossi.
Would this help you out.
1:84 scale*
High-quality wooden and cast metal parts
Cannons and anchors
Cloth sails and flags
Complete rigging
Cast metal decorations Overall dimensionsLength: 1100mm
Height: 900mm
Beam: 400mm
*Approx scale as real scale is historically unknown
Best regards.
Mark
rossi
#12 Posted : 11 September 2012 09:43:10

Cheers Mark .I really should read the blurb before committing to 800 odd quid out lay ...doh BigGrin
court orchard
#13 Posted : 11 September 2012 10:06:46

Hi,
Just in the process of ordering a case for my Caldercraft Endeavour and the maker recommends adding 100mm to the height and 50mm to the width and breadth, plus of course there will be a stand which will increase the height again (another 45mm for my Endeavour) and these are I.D's.
Just so you can start clearing the shelf spaceLaugh
Andy

court orchard
#14 Posted : 12 September 2012 13:29:16

Well, that's the case for HM Bark Endeavour ordered and paid for, ouch!!Crying
Andy