Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Look before you leap-advices from our Japanese experience Options
Yutaro HONMA
#21 Posted : 13 June 2012 13:08:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Andy and shipmates!BigGrin
How are you today, Andy?
I have not sent the article to this topic for a long time. But there remain a few land mines in this model and I will report them.
This time I report the position of the rear starboard side anti-aircraft gun. Although this gun was to be attached at the rear starboard hangar deck wall that was provided in issue 47 in Japan, DeAGOSTINI Japan indicated us to attach it on the wall part in issue 46. This issue 46’s wall part was attached on bow side of the issue 47’s wall part. DeAGOSTINI Japan indicated this work in issue 92 with gun base parts.
If builders accepted this issue 92's indications, the rear starboard side antenna mast would have to be attached just above the anti-aircraft gun. I think such situation is unbelievable because there considered to be a pocket for crews. I had to confirm the correct position and scratch the wall to glue the base part correctly.
Since I did not glue the issue 47’s wall part on the hull then, it was not so difficult to scratch there. Because I had been afraid that I would have to do something for the part, I leaved the part undone. I did not glue the wall part to confirm the building process of DeAGOSTINI Japan till arriving issue 92 and found it incorrect. My building process delayed for waiting.Cursing

#1 Scratch the hanger deck wall on where the base of the gun was to be attached.The wall was glued.
#2 Attach the gun and the support
#3 Confirm the position
#4 Comparisons with the plan of 1/350 model.
#5 A picture of the gun from DeAGO's step

Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA attached the following image(s):
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.JPG
DeAGOSTINI 1/250 the YAMATO, 1/250 the AKAGI.
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
arpurchase
#22 Posted : 13 June 2012 18:14:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin hi Yaturo and i am doing fine thanks as i hope you are,another part to look out for i see, you would think that with so many other kits out there that such a simple mistake in the placement of the two items in question would have shown up at an early stage in the design prosess
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Yutaro HONMA
#23 Posted : 14 June 2012 13:46:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy and shipmates!
Thank you for a right comment, Andy.BigGrin
As I have already pointed 5 land mines of this model, 4 of them belong to human errors. Only the platform parts’ shapes are just hardware error.
I think that UK builders are very happy to have such a free discussion area about the models and have Mr.Tomick here.Laugh
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Hasegawa Co. 1/350 Battle ship NGATO, 1/350 Aircraft carrier Akagi, Battle ship MIKASA.
Water line series 1/700 Battle ship YAMATO, HIEI, YAMASHIRO, Aircraft carrier HIRYU,TAIHO, Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro & others.
Yutaro HONMA
#24 Posted : 27 June 2012 14:41:45

Hi shipmates!Laugh
This time, I introduce a stern side tray as a land mine of this model. All tray parts are movable in this model so that it makes possible to show various seen of the Akag's inside..Half of stern sided tray part is under the stern flight deck that is fixed on the walls of the hanger deck. Since I had guessed this tray was too long to be moved after fixing the stern flight deck, I fixed the deck part without setting the tray part. After glued the flight deck, I found I had been right. Cool
#1 I could not insert the tray under the flight deck, because the tray was too long.
#2 I divided the tray part to be able to insert just the stern side part..
#3 Bow side part was slightly extended to embed the gap between the tray floor and lift floor.. An original tray part was so short that there was a gap between the floors.Cursing
#4 Paint the bow side part and set it after the stern side part.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
Yutaro HONMA
#25 Posted : 13 August 2012 04:09:54

Hi shipmates!
This time, I introduce another mine of DeAGOSTINI's the Akagi model. I think Uk modelers close to it. In Japan DeAGOSTINI Japan distributed the parts of the cables around the hull from issue 57 to 59. These parts were not bad. When we built the Yamato, the parts of the cables were just brass wires. I bought the additional cable parts of the Akagi from DeAGOSTINI Japan and am going to attach them on my Yamato's model in the near future.
But there is a severe problem, DeAGOSTINI Japan told us to make the cable be attached under the 20cm guns.Blink Pic #1 is a part of the plan from Hasegawa Co. Red lines are the cable. You can see they are above the three 20cm gun. Pic #2 is a photo from the series guide book that was a annex of the issue 1st magazine from DeAGOSTINI Japan. You can also see that the cables are above the guns.
However they had been correct at beginning, they had mistakes at issue 57,58 and 59.Cursing Pic#3 is a part of plan from DeAGOSTINI Japan in issue 57. Red lines are also the cables. You can see that the cables are under the guns and are more closed to water line. Pic#4 is the photo from issue 58. A person attaches the cables based on the incorrect plan.Angry Many Japanese Akagi builders believed it.Cursing
I guess DeAGOSTINI Japan might misunderstand how to use the fire wall parts that is shown in the red circle in Pic#5. They told us to make the wall parts be attached later stage of this series, I thought the cable should be attached on the wall .
I had to wait for attaching the cables after attaching the fire wall parts on the hull as Pic #6.Cool
Best Regards,
Yutaro
pic#1.JPG
pic#2.JPG
pic#3.JPG
pic#4.JPG
pic#5.JPG
pic#6.JPG
Yutaro HONMA
#26 Posted : 09 October 2012 09:24:19

Hi shipmates!BigGrin
This time, I show you a small mine about the spare anchor bed of the bow deck.
There are four flight deck's props on the bow deck as shown #1. One of them are on (not "near") the spare anchor bed in this modelMad .
I attach a schema. If you build it as DeAGOSTINI's indication, the port side stern prop is put on the bed (Fig.1). So I piled putty there(Fig.2,#3,#4). Otherwise the prop would be hanging from the flight deck.Cursing
Best Regards,
Yutaro
image089.jpg
prop.JPG
image091.jpg
image090.jpg
arpurchase
#27 Posted : 09 October 2012 13:39:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Yaturo
Thanks for pointing out another mine its greatly apreaciated
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Ger C
#28 Posted : 09 October 2012 16:58:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi, thanks for taking the time to point out these mines
MWG
#29 Posted : 09 October 2012 17:47:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Yutaro

Great informationBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Yutaro HONMA
#30 Posted : 11 October 2012 01:52:57

Hi Andy, Ger C and Mike!BigGrin
Thank you for your comments. I'm very glad to hear from you all.LOL In my new office in Kobe, I'm busier than I imagined before coming. I expected that I could build more models here, but in vainCrying
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Yutaro HONMA
#31 Posted : 18 August 2013 02:25:00

Hi Andy!
As I promised, I have attached the image of the location of the cable near 20cm guns on the starbord.
I hope this helps your building.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
CIMG3474.jpg
Tomick
#32 Posted : 19 August 2013 14:37:30

Groups:

Good to hear from you again Yutaro Cool
arpurchase
#33 Posted : 19 August 2013 21:53:58

BigGrin Hi Yaturo
Thanks for posting
AndyCool

Yutaro HONMA
#34 Posted : 21 August 2013 04:48:15

Hi Mr.T and Andy
Thank you Mr.T for your comment.
Andy, you are welcome. If you need other plans of the Akagi, I will attach or send it to you as I possible.
Best Regards,
Yutaro
Gaz
#35 Posted : 21 August 2013 19:15:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Yutaro good to see you back. Thank you for the postings about the cables I will be at this stage in the near future so will keep this in mind.
Regards.
Gareth
Completed models,Hachette Titanic.Deags. Hms Victory. Hachette Hems Hood.Ongoing builds. Deags Akagi,Deags Sovereign of the Seas,Deags Spitfire,On my wish list.Yamato.Royal Navy world war 2 aircraft carrier.
Yutaro HONMA
#36 Posted : 25 August 2013 13:00:30

Hi Gaz!
Thank you for your warm comment. I'm looking forward to seeing your Akagi. I'm waiting for your postBigGrin .
Best Regards,
Yutaro