Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Help with tamiya paint mixing Options
deanojeavo
#1 Posted : 14 October 2012 18:32:05

Groups: Registered

Hi, I've recently bought a Tamiya 1:12 mclaren Honda MP4/6. I have a airbrush and all paints etc.. that is required to finish the car. But i don't understand how to measure the paint to thinner in the way they have put it in the manual, for example XF-6:1 + X-27:2 + X-26:1
Again i have all the tamiya pants but i don't understand how to measure it to the way it puts it? It's probably just me being a bit silly, but i thought I'd ask before building as it was an expensive kit and don't want to do it wrong lol.

Also I've heard about perfect parts extra detailing kits, wondering if anyone knows where to get them from for this model?

Thanks to anyone who replies.
Mclaren MP4-23 - COMPLETED
Red Bull RB7 - COMPLETED
Senna MP4-4 - COMPLETED
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 14 October 2012 18:44:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Dean
I might be wrong on this but i think the mixing may go like this,XF-6:1 =1 pot of colour,X-27:2 = 2 pots,x-26:1 = 1 pot this should when mixed give the required colour.Or if you have measured paint pipettes a ratio of 1+2+1 in equal measures will also give the corect colour.As for the extra detailing try 'Hobby Search'website in japan,hope this helps
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

mark 2
#3 Posted : 14 October 2012 20:03:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

deanojeavo wrote:
Hi, I've recently bought a Tamiya 1:12 mclaren Honda MP4/6. I have a airbrush and all paints etc.. that is required to finish the car. But i don't understand how to measure the paint to thinner in the way they have put it in the manual, for example XF-6:1 + X-27:2 + X-26:1
Again i have all the tamiya pants but i don't understand how to measure it to the way it puts it? It's probably just me being a bit silly, but i thought I'd ask before building as it was an expensive kit and don't want to do it wrong lol.

Also I've heard about perfect parts extra detailing kits, wondering if anyone knows where to get them from for this model?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Hi Deano.
The way i measure the paint to thinner ratio is i use a syringe and use the ML scale on the side of the syringe.
Ie:- if its 2 parts paint to 1 part thinner then i put 20ml paint and 10ml for thinner.
Sorry cant help you out on the detailing kits though.
Best regards.
Mark
scotty2hotty
#4 Posted : 15 October 2012 09:33:33

Hiroboy do pre thinned paints which are very good. My mp4-6 that'd was built for me is great. Search for Mclaren red I think. Paint is by zero paints
Warthog
#5 Posted : 15 October 2012 10:22:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

scotty2hotty wrote:
Hiroboy do pre thinned paints which are very good. My mp4-6 that'd was built for me is great. Search for Mclaren red I think. Paint is by zero paints

I'll second that.. Zero paints are 99.9% accurate and pre-thinned ready to use.. I use the MP4 red for my MP4-23

Zero paints MP4 RED