Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Plymouth area ship modellers - very cheap hammock netting Options
Plymouth57
#1 Posted : 15 October 2012 16:37:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi all.

If there are any of you in the Plymouth area (UK) looking for a very cheap supply of hammock netting I've just found one!
There is a stall in the Plymouth Pannier Market at Frankfort Gate selling yards of the stuff for pennies (almost!) It comes in various colours but I just wanted black, its in rolls about five feet wide and cost just £1.50 a metre and as far as I can tell is almost identical to the netting sold in various on-line model suppliers. They also have another roll with the same size mesh but a 'floppier' feel to it, ideal for the bow netting I think, this is on special offer at £1 per metre as they can't find anybody else to buy it!
Although I haven't seen it, the owner told me they also have a very fine canvas for sale which another local model boat builder has been buying for making sails from. This may be for larger scale yachts or similar but worth asking about.
To find the stall, enter the market via the New George St entrance, turn right and go right down the row of stalls, the one in question is in the last line of permanent stalls beside the temporary tables.
Hope some of you can make use of this, its certainly saved me ££££'s
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
harty
#2 Posted : 15 October 2012 16:46:39

Groups:

BRILLIANTCool BigGrin