Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<345
something in between? Options
ccarlos
#81 Posted : 08 May 2010 11:07:58

Groups: Registered

haha..im not holding back mate...

already ordered another set of 10 pieces of balsa 1000mm x 100mm x 5mm...messed the 1st ones up! guess its one of the joys of inexperience!
hahaBlushing
on the bench
Endeavour Long Boat - awaiting paint delivery and some power tools to hit the next stage.
HMS Victory - Same situation has everyone else, grumpy till the next issue gets delivered!

Carlos Carlos
ccarlos
#82 Posted : 08 May 2010 11:19:58

the running gear that will be fitted on the rc will be this
http://www.howesmodels.c...Product.php?ProdID=1835

it wasnt really a good start, the transmiter, wasnt working, so i sent it back, received it just 10 mins ago, now it works, but can get teh rest of the thing to go!...uhm...last time i checked i wasnt blonde...but obviously still a dumb portuguese! haha

another thing i have noticed is that it hasnt got a rudder! haha...it turns by stoping on of the props...oh well...will either fit it like this and will get it upgraded after or...depending on the mood may have a unit fitted with rudder...

yes i know the pt has normally 3 engines...but to be honest i reckon this will deliver enough punch to get it going, can always fit an extra dummy prop just for the look.

if id want a plane id build one, not a boat ready to have wings fitted!
on the bench
Endeavour Long Boat - awaiting paint delivery and some power tools to hit the next stage.
HMS Victory - Same situation has everyone else, grumpy till the next issue gets delivered!

Carlos Carlos
snowtiger
#83 Posted : 08 May 2010 12:01:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi ccarlos...i used to love building r/c boats...pitty they were not mine...but that is a impressive looking boat....fast too..
Are you going to build any on that plans disc you got...coz i'm thinking of doing one ....but not sure which...possably one of the hydrosLOL LOL LOL
nwexplorer
#84 Posted : 08 May 2010 12:21:04

Mac wrote:
This is my something in between, hopfully.

Im making this as well.
ccarlos
#85 Posted : 08 May 2010 13:37:20

snowtiger wrote:
Hi ccarlos...i used to love building r/c boats...pitty they were not mine...but that is a impressive looking boat....fast too..
Are you going to build any on that plans disc you got...coz i'm thinking of doing one ....but not sure which...possably one of the hydrosLOL LOL LOL

hey mate,

the plans i found for torpedo boats, they werent that gd, unless i missed something.

basically what i have done was get an idea from one, an idea from the other...and try to put everything together!

as for the speed of the model...i tried it in the bathtub a while a go....and with around 35cm deep of water in it, if u rev up to full power...the props touch the bottom....lots of wate displacement...hopefully wont be too fast for the pt...otherwise will have to add ballast! haha
on the bench

Carlos Carlos
doremi495
#86 Posted : 08 May 2010 14:19:08

Having read many good things about HMS Surprise, I am going to subscribe next week. Keep me going for a while.Cool
Dave H

Current builds :- Hachette 1/16 Tiger Tank
H.M.S Victory, Santisima Trinidad (Section), 1/8 scale Aston Martin DB5, 1/8 scale McLaren, YNWA
snowtiger
#87 Posted : 08 May 2010 14:22:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I oncs built a Groupner..(not sure thats how its spelt)a four foot model of a boat called the Moonraker.a luxury cabin cruiserDrool .it was plastic and wood construction....but it had 3 impellers on just like the real thing..BigGrin ..it cost someone a small fortune ...i'd loved to if seen it on the water after all that hard work...but alas it ended up in a display case...Crying
budgie
#88 Posted : 08 May 2010 14:24:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Angry Blink Bored stocked up with nicotine patches & inhilator to stop smoking
Crying its easy done it millions of timesCrying
this time i have an incentive to succeed hms surprise money saved should get kit in 5 months
captainalan
#89 Posted : 09 May 2010 02:40:41

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Ive just started the San Fransico II from model space
quite a few of the keel bulkheads were warped ive had to soak and press them for
best part of a week now but have glued and pinned the decks to them so hopefully
they should stay true.
also after visiting a car-boot sale to day i bought a 1990's Airfix version of the
cutty sark with no box or destructions for a fiver!
all the spuces seem to be full and in order, now thats going to be a challanging build Confused
hudsonrobert49
#90 Posted : 09 May 2010 07:43:32

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

GOOD look my Friend, keep us uptodate with your build please.
Regards

Rob

Bridlington.

Built Flying Scotsman (Train). Collecting HMS VICTORY