Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages <12345>»
Admirals HMS Sovereign of the seas adventure Options
MWG
#41 Posted : 03 November 2012 04:01:52

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi ASS, is your rib 22 fitted, right down to the bottem of the keel,Blink maybe it is, but the photo looks misleading, I hope you do not mind me commenting.

Good job by the way. Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Admiral Anti Spiral
#42 Posted : 03 November 2012 14:29:54

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

MWG wrote:
Hi ASS, is your rib 22 fitted, right down to the bottem of the keel,Blink maybe it is, but the photo looks misleading, I hope you do not mind me commenting.

Good job by the way. Regards Mike

yep, sorry about the bad quality photos and lighting, i hope i can get something better soon, but yes its as low as it will go, your comments are much welcomed :)
Processing - Progressing

Previous builds: HMS Victory
Current build: HMS Sovereign of the seas
Admiral Anti Spiral
#43 Posted : 08 November 2012 15:55:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Happily moving on with issue 10 and the boats bowsprit
i also have other things to update on...

Starting off with the bow!

Simply glueing the pieces in place
The pieces didn't have a tight fit as i was hoping but no problem, superglue comes to aid.

Alas its not much to be done.

Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#44 Posted : 08 November 2012 16:04:15

Moving on to the ships Launch. Theres not much in the magazine of it yet but i've gone along with it anyway with the help of the internet.
Sanding down the pieces was a bit hard seeing as they're very fragile.

Here we have the side shot, used some Tamiya 6mm masking tape, painted with some simple white for the bottom, and a colour called dark flesh from games workshop.

9mm gap from the edge of the boat to paint, something later will be added there.

The edges look pretty wobbly sadly, im not Completely sure why its come out that way but it has, so i'll just have to deal with it :|

Very pleased with the outcome
Thats done for now, i'll wait for the next parts before carrying on.
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#45 Posted : 08 November 2012 16:18:42

I understand if some of you might think im rushing it but simply i'll be wanting to add more detail to my ship and i have loads of time on my hands and the boat is my main hobby at the moment, until i can get back to art.

So with that, we'll be getting the decking in issue 11 so i've gone ahead and started my own. If im going to be detailing the bottom decks i'll want as much space as possible, so i've simply got some card and made a template for which to glue the planks.

Planks are 1.5mm x 5mm and 14cm long
Not too worried about the size accuracy of these lower decks as you probably wont see much of it, some of you probably think you wont see it at all, but i'll see it, and i have plans for it, and if these plans dont work out i'll be happily building the ship normally, at this point they are still ideas.

(deck is not glued in place)
Sanded down and fits nicely, the bottom side is reinforced so it does keep the frames in place, i'll add some vanish in the future to give it some colour, most of whats on these decks will come from a general idea based on the Vasa, swedish 17th century ship (seeing as there isn't a SOS ship)
Second deck side has been started, updates soon :)
Processing - Progressing

MWG
#46 Posted : 08 November 2012 21:02:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice touchesBigGrin Keep up the good work, Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Admiral Anti Spiral
#47 Posted : 12 November 2012 23:15:03

Little update: Second side of the deck made, also stained a teak colour (i took a picture but my camera doesn't make it quite a good picture but i'll try again)

I've also noticed a problem which may end all this idea i have of detailing the decks.

The second deck to come over is pretty low and gives little space between the two to do much work, though i will see what i can do, maybe just some LEDS for lanterns and cannons. any suggestions are more than welcome as well as any comments :)
Processing - Progressing

Nodaryn
#48 Posted : 12 November 2012 23:50:29

could be there is no deck on that level after all :)
Admiral Anti Spiral
#49 Posted : 13 November 2012 17:18:25

I've noticed alot of the deck levels are really uneven, most noticeable at the very rear of the ship where the 3rd deck is much bigger than the first and second from the top.
Processing - Progressing

Tomick
#50 Posted : 13 November 2012 17:25:39

Groups:

They should not be uneven from one frame to the next, but there is a gentle end to end deck bow.
Admiral Anti Spiral
#51 Posted : 13 November 2012 21:49:12

Tomick wrote:
They should not be uneven from one frame to the next, but there is a gentle end to end deck bow.

i completely understand that mr, what i meant was the space between the two decks in height.

For example the first two decks(green) are much smaller than the lower decks(blue)
Its not a huge problem just something i noticed and am curious about.
Processing - Progressing

Tomick
#52 Posted : 13 November 2012 22:25:42

Groups:

Sorry I misunderstood., indeed they are and will make for an interesting build at the stern..
Admiral Anti Spiral
#53 Posted : 13 November 2012 22:58:24

its no problem Mr T, im sure the build will be great :)
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#54 Posted : 15 November 2012 16:50:08

Update: i've decided to scrap the idea of detailing the lower decks, was just a plan to start with but the decks are un evenly spaced from what i can tell, would make it too difficult(i know i've already made the lower deck but it was just to plan out how it would be, there's no real loss), but i am hoping to atleast light up the cabins of the stern of the ship. Im not completely sure on having wires sticking out of the boat even if cleanly made but im sure it would make the boat look just that bit better, only time will tell =)

Images coming of issue 11 soon.
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#55 Posted : 15 November 2012 19:08:58

Time for putting in the decks.
Nice and simple keeps the ribs in the correct place, didn't have to do much squeezing in lucky but it shows if the ribs are in the right spot :)

Easily cut the parts away, sanded down the sides.

Nailed and glued in place.

All pieces in place happily.

(updated photo)

i doubt i'll attempt to light the decks/cannon areas, cant wait to get start the planking Drool
Processing - Progressing

Gandale
#56 Posted : 15 November 2012 19:51:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming along nicely..... keep posting....BigGrin

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#57 Posted : 16 November 2012 15:45:11

Gandale wrote:
Coming along nicely..... keep posting....BigGrin

Alan

Many thanks alan :)
Processing - Progressing

MWG
#58 Posted : 16 November 2012 17:50:37

Hi, beggining to look like shipBigGrin well done Regards Mike

Admiral Anti Spiral
#59 Posted : 17 November 2012 16:05:38

MWG wrote:
Hi, beggining to look like shipBigGrin well done Regards Mike

Thanks mike BigGrin soon we will have an actual ship in our view ^^
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#60 Posted : 23 November 2012 17:47:41

Issue 12

I've painted all the frames black, i prefer it this way where its easier to get at, rather than having to get the brush in all the corners when the next deck and stuff is in place.

I didn't think some glue and clamps would be good enough to get it where i wanted, nailing it in place was alot easier.

After that i soon went ahead and painted it black.
Probably should of used acrylic paint but i used enamel for now.

Processing - Progressing