Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages «<23456>»
Admirals HMS Sovereign of the seas adventure Options
Admiral Anti Spiral
#61 Posted : 23 November 2012 17:51:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Carrying on with Issue 12 adding the support beams for the next deck, nice and easy to do.

I could of added supports, infact i started it that way but i thought it wasn't going to be needed, they seem pretty sturdy, if the deck in the coming issue seems like it needs more support i'll add it :).
I'll probably add some support around the area of the masts.

More to come in the future BigGrin
Processing - Progressing

Previous builds: HMS Victory
Current build: HMS Sovereign of the seas
Gandale
#62 Posted : 23 November 2012 20:53:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming along very nicely, lets us see how it is likely to look....BigGrin

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#63 Posted : 25 November 2012 17:32:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thought i'd take some pictures and show what tools im using at the stages so far. Hopefully i can replace the pictures with another camera i have :)

i will probably end up buying a new saw, this one the teeth are wearing out and is very flimsy.

Knives

Drill pieces and im not quite sure the name but the black piece for hammering nails in, very usfeul.

Files
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#64 Posted : 30 November 2012 13:51:52

Issue 13

Parts for the ships launch

Metal parts

Wooden parts

Stuck the parts to some white tac, before that i put the oars in a wooden 'jig', simply cut some gaps in a strip of wood and stuck them in. Glued the handle of the bucket to a tooth pick to paint.

Same with the anchor, used some tweezers and a tooth pick

(apologies for the blur)
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#65 Posted : 30 November 2012 13:57:01

(hopefully these images will change size, they seemed to update or something after a while)

I've added some support for the deck beams, also for the area around the masts, not the last support beam because i think that will be possible to just clamp to the deck.

Processing - Progressing

Tomick
#66 Posted : 30 November 2012 20:13:01

Groups:

Steady as she goes Admiral..
MWG
#67 Posted : 30 November 2012 21:44:44

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi its all coming togetherBigGrin Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Admiral Anti Spiral
#68 Posted : 02 December 2012 17:10:38

Thanks guys ^^

Little update on the bucket, very small parts, but great little accessory to have.

Added a small dab of super glue to the tips of the handle with a tooth pick using fine tweezers to put it into place, not yet painted the rims of the bucket black but soon will.

Hard to get a detailed image of it but these will have to do :)

Oars are painted and finished but i dont think i'll tie them up with the string, if possible it would be a nice touch to get some figures in a rowing position and have the oars stick out. Thats all for now, thanks for viewing.
Processing - Progressing

Gandale
#69 Posted : 02 December 2012 21:52:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very nice detailed work there Admiral, and thanks for the tips on how to deal with the small parts.... keep the pics coming....BigGrin BigGrin

Regards

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#70 Posted : 06 December 2012 18:55:22

Issue 14 sails into port.

In this arrival we have the second deck pieces. These ones weren't as simple to put in as the first ones, the bow peices are only off by 1mm though its no trouble.

Here are the pieces:
(images should resize)

Undersides have been sprayed black, though i will probably go over them again with a brush.

Supports worked well, though some weight was still needed, no sanding or adjusting needed, simply glue and weight.

I never realised there would be such a big gap, though i doubt it will effect the gun ports.

Found a spare wooden rod, fits perfectly, just to make sure everything is right.

Now because my bow was slightly warped (its much better now compared to how it was first) the bow deck pieces arn't in perfect position, though from what i can tell its only off by 1mm.

But the mast hole is in good alignment.

And so the decks are complete!

And so a new course is set!
Planking of the second deck.
Processing - Progressing

MWG
#71 Posted : 06 December 2012 19:24:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Your getting thereBigGrin Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Gandale
#72 Posted : 06 December 2012 22:29:17

She is coming along nicely Admiral..... keep posting the pics....

Regards

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#73 Posted : 10 December 2012 15:26:53

Thanks guys, small update to post.

The top deck will probably have some sky lights, so there will be limited view of the second deck, thus i've decided to make a small deck, which i'll attempt to light up with LEDs or fiber optics.

I simply used a black felt pen on the sides of the deck pieces to give a black outline.. somehow a droplet of water managed to fall on the deck (noticeable on the 4th picture) which i then decided to just paint the sides black.
I forgot that the edges of the deck will be covered up for the cannon support so i stopped there.

Not completely sure how im going to go about lighting the deck up, but it will probably be on the support beams, depending on how bright a small led is, i'll think about changing to fiber optics, i've tested some LEDs ive painted with a clear red from a racing car ive had, painting clear red doesn't give a great effect probably better to buy some normal red/orange leds which i'll possibly connect to a switch connected to a 6v battery. Either way this is a great build, cant wait to carry on
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#74 Posted : 12 December 2012 21:09:12

Issue 15! (one more till planking! BigGrin )

This issue was more like making a puzzle sometimes parts upside down or back to front, was still fun to carry out.

Here is the finished image.

Here are the wooden parts ready to be cut out.

There are some big gaps left which is odd because then im not sure to what side they're meant to go!

Also the parts dont fit together perfectly so they'll need some filing down in certain places.

I soon after spray painted it all black for i will be putting some LEDs to light up the galley , not very sure how i'll be doing it, i was planning not to have Parts 43 so i could make the captains quarters, but that plan has been scrapped. will probably drill some holes into parts 43 and stick the LEDS there.

Here we have the last image looking down the ship, mostly painted black though im sure most of it will be covered.

Thats all for today, possibly soon i'll try to move on to getting some small LEDS possibly fiber optics for lighting and moving on with the ships Launch!
Processing - Progressing

der Gohfelder
#75 Posted : 12 December 2012 21:28:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi!
A really good progress an a nice planking! ThumpUp

Regards, Bernd
Admiral Anti Spiral
#76 Posted : 17 December 2012 00:37:05

der Gohfelder wrote:
Hi!
A really good progress an a nice planking! ThumpUp

Regards, Bernd

Many thanks Bernd!
Processing - Progressing

Gandale
#77 Posted : 17 December 2012 00:42:34

Nice to see how it is coming along.... keep the good work coming....

Regards

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#78 Posted : 17 December 2012 00:45:50

Thought i'd post some small updates!

Firstly i've added some levels to the galley area so that when LEDS are in place the light will be sectioned to the certain area, may seem like a pointless thing to do but hopefully it will help give more a realistic look as if there was levels and not just a big light, there will be 3 LEDS per floor.

Secondly i've added some detail to the launch anchor.

simple some thin brass wire to make the ring.

Thirdly some detail on the oars.

Some black fine string around the handles, its possibly it would of just been bare wood for the grip, but i've added it this way simply for the sake of detail.
Also rather than using the mesh for the launch floor i've just made some planks painted white, i prefer this look, its a personal decision.

Next update will be issue 16, and some possible lighting.
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#79 Posted : 17 December 2012 00:47:49

Gandale wrote:
Nice to see how it is coming along.... keep the good work coming....

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan, got a good build there your self! keep it upBigGrin
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#80 Posted : 19 December 2012 17:47:33

Issue 16 has finally arrived, from now on this should start taking shape in to what will should be a great model to have on show.

We start off with the last ribs for the stern.
Parts received:

Fitting the first parts into place, fairly easy.

These last parts may need a bit more adjusting to fit, i found the bottom tips of 49 will stick out, but simply sanding down the sides of slots will help.
Also might add fairing down the ribs to the right angle may be easier before gluing it into place, may just be a personal decision. Galley piece has a very tight fit, may be hard to glue in place.

Next we move on to planking.

Processing - Progressing