Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Making use of the time waiting for the postman. Options
Mald
#1 Posted : 11 May 2010 23:25:55

Groups: Registered

I have decided not to waist my time while i am waiting for the postman to deliver my magazine and parts .
I have read all the comments and suggestions on the forum twice over , Now i am going to use some of that information and build some of the useful devices I will need for my Build .

No 1 on the list my Keel jig, followed closely by a Plank Bender , for this i have decided to base my design on a Pyramid roller , Basically two bottom rollers and a smaller top roller with a handle fitted to it .

One of the other main items i have heard we will all need is a Rope walk.Going to make my rope walk in two halves so I can clamp them as far apart as need to make the specific lengths of rope required.

Any one got a simple easy way to make a rope walk , And maybe explain a little how a rope walk actually Works ??

Happy Building

Horatio's Eyepatch
#2 Posted : 11 May 2010 23:28:33

I've been told to empty the dishwasher.
Zeptrader
#3 Posted : 11 May 2010 23:32:26

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Hi Mald, here i a post made 22 pages ago -

http://forum.model-space....aspx?g=posts&t=224

Ive added some links on the original post.
Mald
#4 Posted : 12 May 2010 10:09:22

Thanks for the link Zeptrader , I did have a look at the Rope walk the link is for and i intend to make my Rope walk from those plans , From what i have seen on the net am i right in thinking both ends have to rotate , Only difference is one end has the three connection points , There are several videos on You Tube showing rope making they tend to use several strands not just the three single .

The size of the rope there making must determine how many strands to use , For HMS Victory am i right in thinking that Single strands will be sufficient. Anything you could add would be a great help , Being new to building a fully rigged model I have very little knowledge about the rigging involved, Learning as I go .

Regards
Mald Huh Huh
admin
#5 Posted : 12 May 2010 13:10:13

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Thanks for the link Zeptrader, good post.

Admin