Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT PAINT DELIVERIES Options
Heinzy
#1 Posted : 18 February 2013 12:18:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Just seen this on Hiroboy.com

Thought I'd share this as it is most deffinately going to affect us!

"UPDATED NOTES: Very Important Notes about Ordering Paints
It is with regret that we can no longer send any Flammable Liquids (Zero Paints, Alclad, glues etc) by Royal Mail. This includes Overseas orders sent Airmail or International Signed For.
There are some items which Royal Mail are unable to carry for Legal or Health and Safety reasons, This list has changed as of the 14th January 2013, and is now being heavily enforced, resulting in disposal of some recent parcels. The PDF guide to these Prohibitions and restrictions can be Downloaded Here.

Placing your order (Containing Flammable Items) next time :
UK Customers must select “Interlink Express” We have secured a cheaper rate for this service as long as more customer use it, making it lower than the average Royal Mail price was. European Customers, must select "EuroExpress via DPD Road Service", We have also managed to secure cheaper prices within most of Europe,this now makes it cheaper than Airmail was for most Countries.
Worldwide customerWe will soon have a Worldwide shipping option available using UPS for the Hazardous Goods.This could take a few weeks to get set up and running.
So would ask you to please wait and keep checking our website/facebook/Twiiter accounts for updates on the situation
NOTE: Incorrectly placed orders will be instantly cancelled.
"

Details can be found here Hiro Boy home
jase
#2 Posted : 18 February 2013 13:41:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You have to have a license to carry hazodus or flamable products. may guess is GPO are reducing there overheads by not reknewing it - if this is true.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Dontshootme
#3 Posted : 18 February 2013 19:13:46

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

jase wrote:
You have to have a license to carry hazodus or flamable products. may guess is GPO are reducing there overheads by not reknewing it - if this is true.

GPO....haven't heard the post office etc called that for donkeys yearsBlink
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 18 February 2013 19:53:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi
I think its also to do with health and safety, anything with noxious fumes or liable to explode has basicly been banned from the post as this can no longer be posted so to speak it also saves the P.O on there employee insurance
regards
Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

SennaMentalMe
#5 Posted : 18 February 2013 20:41:27

Groups:

Well that just about finishes it for me with the Royal Mail, they are taking the mick now and I will only be using them when there is absolutely NO alternative!! It seems that all they ever do is ask for more money to do less work!! The latest hike in 2012 saw a huge increase for a 1st Class letter from 47p to 60p and yet the service is just getting worse and worse and the cost of sending a parcel that weighs anything more than a few grammes is just getting ridiculous and not only do they hammer you for the weight of an item, they also have size clauses now which add extra cost to an already expensive parcel as well!!

I think the comment about saving the cost of renewing any licences required and reducing the cost of insurance is spot on and I really hope that the Royal Mail has shot itself well and truly in the foot and eventually goes under over this - how much commercial business are they going to lose now on top of the business from Joe Bloggs that they don't seem to want or care about anymore. What is up with them, they seem hell bent on scaring off anybody who wants to do business with them, it just doesn't make any sense anymore does it???

Where are all the Richard Bransons of the world who could give twice the quality of service and STILL make a handsome profit - that's what we really need now, some viable competition for the RM to force them to give the service they are getting paid for and stop stealing our money for nowt in return!! I bet the Courier companies are rubbing their hands with glee at RMs' latest act of suicide!! LOL LOL

Rant over!! Cursing Mad Angry

Kev BigGrin
Tomick
#6 Posted : 18 February 2013 20:54:01

Groups:

Ebay sellers are going to have some fun..
jase
#7 Posted : 18 February 2013 21:13:57

Dontshootme wrote:
jase wrote:

I live in a tiny village in cheshire, next you will be telling my Elvis is dead!!Mellow
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Nemesis
#8 Posted : 18 February 2013 21:45:47

jase wrote:
Dontshootme wrote:
jase wrote:

I live in a tiny village in cheshire, next you will be telling my Elvis is dead!!Mellow

ELVIS IS DEAD!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Plymouth57
#9 Posted : 18 February 2013 21:48:11

I live in the Ancient Stannary town of Plympton, who's Elvis? LOL LOL LOL

Robin
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
Nemesis
#10 Posted : 18 February 2013 21:56:11

Plymouth57 wrote:

Robin

Bloke down the chip shop I think!!LOL LOL LOL
Dontshootme
#11 Posted : 19 February 2013 09:30:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nemesis wrote:
Plymouth57 wrote:

Robin

Don't lke that bloke...he swearsLOL LOL LOL
SennaMentalMe
#12 Posted : 19 February 2013 10:24:03

Groups:

Dontshootme wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
Plymouth57 wrote:

Robin

He needs a good battering!! LOL LOL LOL Blink Blink Blushing

Kev BigGrin
Nemesis
#13 Posted : 19 February 2013 11:12:11

SennaMentalMe wrote:
Dontshootme wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
Plymouth57 wrote:

Robin

He needs a good battering!! LOL LOL LOL Blink Blink Blushing

Kev BigGrin

Something fishy going on here!!!Blink LOL LOL LOL Flapper
roymattblack
#14 Posted : 19 February 2013 17:06:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Dontshootme wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
Plymouth57 wrote:

Robin

A few Kirsty MacColl fans here.......

Roy.
Tomick
#15 Posted : 19 February 2013 17:57:16

Groups:

Could Fairytale of New York be a chip off the old block LOL
Nemesis
#16 Posted : 19 February 2013 19:09:29

Tomick wrote:
Could Fairytale of New York be a chip off the old block LOL

Thanks for that Tomick, Very CRISP!!!!!!!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Dontshootme
#17 Posted : 19 February 2013 19:24:34

roymattblack wrote:
Dontshootme wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
Plymouth57 wrote:

Robin

A few Kirsty MacColl fans here.......

Roy.

Not necessarily...more like quite a few people showing their age!!Crying Blink LOL
Trotsky
#18 Posted : 19 February 2013 20:45:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The Postal Services Act 2011 allows for the sale of shares in Royal Mail Holdings Plc.The first sale of shares will take place in 2013....cynical me says putting prices up will attract a higher investment from private industry ...who in turn may do "Who knows what" with yet another public service....."The Act makes provision for Post Office Ltd. to continue to be owned by the Crown OR a mutual ownership structure" my money is on the Postal Service dissapearing in the years to come ...then see what happens to prices...
H.M.S Victory
H.M.S Victory X Section
H.M.S Surprise under the bench
D-51