Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

working with Photoetch Options
jase
#1 Posted : 05 February 2013 07:40:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Ok please don't shoot my because this is not a videoGlare BUT it is the very best guid I have found for working with etchDrool - I promise you will forgive me BigGrin

http://www.scalemodelgui...oto-etched-parts-models/
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Warthog
#2 Posted : 05 February 2013 10:27:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Jase the link is broken! Crying
jase
#3 Posted : 06 February 2013 00:59:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Maybe because i did the post via my 'not as smart as it thinks' phone?

try this! BigGrin

http://www.scalemodelgui...oto-etched-parts-models/
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Nemesis
#4 Posted : 06 February 2013 10:13:27

Brilliant site jase, very informative. I have a one of the bending tools and I cant imagine how I did the bending without it!!!

jase
#5 Posted : 06 February 2013 13:12:55

Yes i have one to they are great yours seams to have more options than mine though Crying
-Mark Twain
Nemesis
#6 Posted : 06 February 2013 13:17:24

jase wrote:
Yes i have one to they are great yours seams to have more options than mine though Crying

I spent a bit more and got the larger version knowing I had some 1:16 builds coming up. It was about £45 quid but well worth it.
arpurchase
#7 Posted : 06 February 2013 14:42:24

BigGrin Hi ,you have to be quick when ordering the above tool it seams to go out of stock fast
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Wilfy the Sea Dog
#8 Posted : 10 March 2013 00:53:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That's a good price Nem. I have the 'Bug' & 'Hold & Fold' but use my Tamiya Etch Pliers for for most things that arn't a box shape.

If you have trouble getting hold of these try this link:

http://www.scalemodelsho...old-the-small-shop.html

Wilfy