Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

displaying this armour Options
snapdragon
#1 Posted : 15 April 2013 23:00:02

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

After subscribing and thinking carefully I decided that I should not only think carefully about how to build this Armour (or put it together) but how to display it too.

First of all I am sure that once finished it will be very impressive with the black lacquered gloss finish etc and I want to make the most of that.

Secondly, This type of armour was vary rarely displayed without weapons and so I set myself a task of seeing if I could find some 1:2 scale Katanas etc.

The closest I could come was this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321014051031?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

They are letter openers and are some 26cm long. Maybe not big enough to complement the armour, but It is the best I have found to date.

My Idea to display the armour is to build a wooden framed glass case and install non-heat producing LED lights to highlight the gloss black armour etc.

If anyone knows where I can get the correct scale Katana to complement the armour then i would be interested to know

James
court orchard
#2 Posted : 15 April 2013 23:41:25

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

snapdragon wrote:
After subscribing and thinking carefully I decided that I should not only think carefully about how to build this Armour (or put it together) but how to display it too.

First of all I am sure that once finished it will be very impressive with the black lacquered gloss finish etc and I want to make the most of that.

Secondly, This type of armour was vary rarely displayed without weapons and so I set myself a task of seeing if I could find some 1:2 scale Katanas etc.

The closest I could come was this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321014051031?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

They are letter openers and are some 26cm long. Maybe not big enough to complement the armour, but It is the best I have found to date.

My Idea to display the armour is to build a wooden framed glass case and install non-heat producing LED lights to highlight the gloss black armour etc.

If anyone knows where I can get the correct scale Katana to complement the armour then i would be interested to know

James

The letter opener looks more like 1:4 Scale. A Case was offered as an extra in the Japanese release and a replica Date Masamune Katana too (though oddly it was full size). A scale model of Date Masamune to wear the Armour, was also on offer, but apparently it was a minimum order of 30 and very expensive
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
Tomick
#3 Posted : 15 April 2013 23:45:26

Groups:

As mentioned in this thread..

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=6529

We are now looking into getting hold of the extras, though if we do it will be a very limited number.

Will keep you posted..