Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Garden Flypast Options
stevie_o
#1 Posted : 12 May 2013 14:21:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Just thought id share this, sitting in the garden on the bank holiday Monday just gone and heard this coming a long time before i saw it - am i right in thinking there is only one of these airworthy in the world? This must be the one that does the airshows and royal flypasts etc. Anyway, not a great pic as i wasn't really ready for it but nice to see from your gardenBigGrin

Tomick
#2 Posted : 12 May 2013 15:29:23

Groups:

Thats the BBMF Lanc with the new Dambuster 617 nose art to mark the 70th anniversary of the founding of 617 Squadron. It is now to be called DV385, Thumper Mark III, to match the identity of one of the Lancasters posted to the squadron in November 1943, to replace those lost on both the Dams Raid and the disastrous September attack on the Dortmund Ems Canal.
Tomick attached the following image(s):
bbmf-thumper-nose-art.jpg
stevie_o
#3 Posted : 12 May 2013 15:42:45

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered