Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Miniature Date Masimune anybody? Options
SennaMentalMe
#1 Posted : 19 May 2013 12:26:05

Groups:

Hello all,

I was just lazily looking through the figure modelling items on Ebay and came across this, which I thought might interest those who are doing the Samurai Armour build:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...amp;hash=item2a2ce14710

Not huge at 75mm high but 'Andrea Miniatures' are one of THE best producers of highly detailed figures for the discerning modeller, and produce some wonderfully detailed figurines!!

Also found this 200mm (1:9) Resin 'Date Masamune' Bust kit from the same seller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...amp;hash=item27cbe3ca10

Supreme painting skills, a steady hand and a top quality 'Optivisor' are required to finish the models!! LOL LOL Blink

Kev BigGrin
court orchard
#2 Posted : 19 May 2013 12:56:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I like those, Kev. Especially the Figure with the KatanaThumpUp
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 19 May 2013 13:49:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Kev
Nice find the figure looks very good, reminds me of the white metal samuri archer I did in the 80's
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

court orchard
#4 Posted : 19 May 2013 16:28:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

SennaMentalMe
#5 Posted : 19 May 2013 21:05:31

Groups:

court orchard wrote:
I like those, Kev. Especially the Figure with the KatanaThumpUp

Thanks Andy, I agree, I think the figure with the Katana is better than the larger bust and it amazes me how people can paint something that is no more than 3 inches tall to such a high standard!?Drool Cool

Kev BigGrin

SennaMentalMe
#6 Posted : 19 May 2013 21:08:29

Groups:

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Kev
Nice find the figure looks very good, reminds me of the white metal samuri archer I did in the 80's
regards
AndyCool

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the comment and do you still have the Samurai Archer? If so, you should post a photo or two in the gallery, I'm sure it would be of great interest, especially to those doing the Samurai Armour build?

Kev BigGrin
SennaMentalMe
#7 Posted : 19 May 2013 21:14:03

Groups:

Another nice find Andy, though doubly hard to paint it to a good standard being only about 1:50 scale and half the size of the Andrea Miniatures figure, which would be hard enough!! Blink Blink BigGrin

I note that the kit description states there are TWO figures included, one standing and one mounted on a horse ... but no mention of a horse??Confused Huh

If there was a horse included as well, then I would say the kit was good value even at that scale. It also comes with TWO interchangeable weapons as well by the look of it?!ThumpUp

Kev BigGrin
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 19 May 2013 21:14:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Kev
Unfortunatly the 'Tasho' it was called something like that got lost a few years back I do remember it had an enamelled breast plate with chrysanthemums on it and that it was based on another famous Japanese warriors armour as is this one were doing now
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

SennaMentalMe
#9 Posted : 19 May 2013 21:26:24

Groups:

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Kev
Unfortunatly the 'Tasho' it was called something like that got lost a few years back I do remember it had an enamelled breast plate with chrysanthemums on it and that it was based on another famous Japanese warriors armour as is this one were doing now
regards
AndyCool

Hello Andy, a very interesting insight into the Samurai culture, thanks for that and I think I am right in saying that the Chrysanthemum is a very important flower in Japanese culture, though not quite as important as the Lotus flower - or am I mistaken?

Interesting stuff, I love anything about cultures and history!! ThumpUpCool

Kev BigGrin
arpurchase
#10 Posted : 19 May 2013 23:33:07

BigGrin How About this one
http://www.romeomodels.c...082b7fc84e7746af810472e
Andy
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
RM-54-079_3samuri.jpg

court orchard
#11 Posted : 19 May 2013 23:46:25

It's interesting that the Bust doesn't appear to show that he famously only had one eye (the left), due to smallpox, hence his nickname 'The One Eyed Dragon'.
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,