Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Battle of Britain memorial flight Options
Robert250668
#1 Posted : 05 June 2013 12:41:48

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

Your assistance in my creation would be of advantage, I am in the process of building the Battle of Britain memorial flight complete aircraft selection approx 7 spitfires 2 hurricanes 2 chipmunks 1 Dakota and the famous Avro Lancaster.
I have all the kits in 1/72 and majority of information on the aircraft markings etc but my problem is this.
I have been building models in various scales for the past 20 or so years but still have the age old problem of plastic kit join lines, I have used modelling putty and wet and dry sanding but it's still there to quite annoyance I can say. The other assistance I ask is I have always liked to weather my models and can never get the exhaust debris right ( any tips) my third and most poignant question is camo paint for kits ( revell say use xyz paints either in acrylic or enamel but I'm trying to find the exact match for Raf early fighters, i also know Revell or Airfix are not the best reference of late WW2 Colours. Ref photos and books I have don't seem to mention this and it drives me crazy
I may be a bit lax in getting the correct info but I do want to do my models correctly scaled and correctly detailed not just for my peace of mind but to honour those brave RAF chaps

Tried contacting BBMF but no reply as of yet

Any help most appreciated

Regards

Robert
jase
#2 Posted : 05 June 2013 13:52:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum.

You may be best posting this in the military part of the forum it may get missed in this section.

I will PM you tonight about joint lines.

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain