Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Build your own scaled Tank Options
petpole
#1 Posted : 30 May 2013 23:48:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Found this on YouTube and thought it was an amazing model that I had to share.
Was wondering what enhancements would you do to it.
Don't think you can get any etch for this LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL .

http://youtu.be/sRODmQajsQE

Peter

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
SennaMentalMe
#2 Posted : 31 May 2013 10:59:28

Groups:

Hope it's not just me that feels this way but I found the idea of building such a tank a bit pointless if I'm honest? It's not really a model of a tank, it's not really a real tank, it won't sound like a real tank and with the likelihood of the drivers' head being stuck out of the top of the turret it all looks a bit silly and ridiculous to me!! A bit too much like 'playing' at being a tank commander rather than building a scale replica??

A rather odd scale too. Why build it at two fifths (1:2.5) scale?? Surely it would be easier to calculate the size/dimensions of components, etc, by just building it at half scale (1:2)?! Blink Confused Huh

Each to their own though I suppose? LOL LOL LOL Glare Glare

Kev BigGrin
Warthog
#3 Posted : 08 June 2013 16:47:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

I loved the vid!!! had a big smile on my face as it's something myself and my dad thought of doing years ago so was chuckling away... Imagine the fun with a few of those??!! Great find
petpole
#4 Posted : 08 June 2013 18:04:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thought it would bring a smile, its a strange scale I admit but it not just in America they are building them, after looking on metube I fouled ones in holland and Germany of the same scale.
All I could come up will was that it is the smallest scale you could build them at to get a man in LOL LOL LOL .

Peter

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Builds in progress: HMS Victory.HMS Surprise.
Completed builds: Revell London Bus 1/24.
Builds to do:Sovereign of the seas, Hms Albion.
Warthog
#5 Posted : 08 June 2013 18:56:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

They look great fun and imagine having a load of them for company weekend team building etc!