Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

which paints to use? Options
rob1202
#1 Posted : 07 June 2010 13:50:06

Groups: Registered

hi all, i am new to this and this is my first post, this may be a bit of a daft question but what are the best paints to use on the victory model, water based or enamel, it must be down to personnel preference but i was wondering what where the pros and cons, im sure all you experienced modellers could help this novice, thanks
Tomick
#2 Posted : 07 June 2010 14:05:08

Groups:

Welcome to the forum Rob, you'll find what your looking for in this index section along with lots of other useful info

http://forum.model-space...t.aspx?g=posts&t=552
Dontshootme
#3 Posted : 07 June 2010 17:24:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Welcome Rob.As admin has said a good place for reference is Index of Topics for which he has given a link,this has been painstakingly compiled by Colin(Zeptrader) as a central place to find important threads.
On the painting side of things our very own resident painting & detailing expert Colin (Capt Stedders) has been writing a tutorial on different paint,weathering & general detailing which you will find HERE a must read for anybody novice or experienced.These tips have also been compiled by Mike Turpin into downloadable pdf files so that you can either store on your computer or print off for easier access,they can be found HERE
Good luck with your build.
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
Tiswas
#4 Posted : 07 June 2010 17:49:31

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Welcome to the forum Rob and good luck with your build.
TIS
MWG
#5 Posted : 08 June 2010 00:09:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Rob,

No question is daft if you want to know something just ask, probably someone is wanting to ask the same question.

The advice from dontshootme (Rob)is spot on, these guys are very good and know their stuff.

enjoy the build
MWG
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

rob1202
#6 Posted : 08 June 2010 13:07:03

thanks alot guys, alot of useful info on these links, hopefully make my build go alot smoother, cant help thinking i might have taken on a bit of a mammoth task for someone who has'nt made a model in donkeys years, but will do my best anyway, will be asking plenty of questions, hope all your builds go well, and thanks again
Mac
#7 Posted : 08 June 2010 14:41:27

Welcome aboard matey!BigGrin
Pam's shipyard is closed for now no more room!